Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner June 2016

leeds wedding reception

ExpensiveBrownDecor380, 3 of August of 2015 at 05:29 Posted on Planning 0 4

hi!

im looking for some advice. i have a budget of about £3,000. could possibly be £4,000 if i manage to be super careful with my money & budgeting! its for for my wedding reception. the budget is for the reception breakfast & evening reception only. everything else is a different budget. most of it is all bought anyway! there will be 42 day guest including bride & groom although i could get 50 guests as i know a lot of places have a minimum amount of people. and about 100 evening guests assuming everybody brings their children. im not getting married on a weekend, we're doing it mid-week. we're struggling to find a venue for the reception. we've seen a few within out budget but the problem is they dont do mid-week weddings. can anybody reccommend anywhere i could try? i live in leeds. thanks!

4 replies

Latest activity by Fleur88, 4 of August of 2015 at 08:33
  • Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content

What style of venue are you looking for? hotel etc? Does it have to be in Leeds centre or can you go a bit further out?

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

What sort of place are you looking for? And where is your ceremony? There's the Leeds club...last year my sister got married at the town hall then we went to the roast by the river it was nice food was good only problem there wasn't enough chairs. We had about 50 people in total. You could look at the met buildings at headingly theyre nice but again not sure on price. What about hiring one of the bar/restaurant places?

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Hello! I'm a wedding photographer here in Leeds.

There are loads of great venues in your budget if you're going for a mid-week wedding. The first place I would try is The Bridge Hotel at Wetherby. Also try Rogerthorpe Manor and Kings Croft which are near Pontefract.

City centre venues are plentiful. There are also unique venues like Left Bank in Headingley.

• E
    Beginner June 2016
    ExpensiveBrownDecor380 ·
    • Hide content

Im not too fussy about the style of venue, i'd prefer it not to be too far out from the centre as we're having the ceremony at leeds town hall and some of our guests dont drive. ive looked at the leeds club and it is nice there, i think we might end up having it there but we're going to view weetwood hall first. ive actually seen a few since i wrote the post and found some for under £3,000 which i didnt think would be possible! all i want from the venue is arrival drinks, 3 course meal with tablecloths, toastmaster, evening buffet, DJ & party! over accomodation would be great too but im not bothered about that if i cant get it within my budget, i dont mind just going home!

• Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content

You could have a look at the Tiled Hall at Leeds Art Gallery, we looked there and it's beautiful but there are restrictions on start times etc.

There is also Devonshire Hall in Headingley which is part of the University of Leeds

http://www.meetinleeds.co.uk/weddings-at-devonshire-hall-leeds

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics