Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W

Legal bits

wgp, 31 of October of 2013 at 17:35 Posted on Planning 0

I was wondering whether anyone could help. We are getting married in a baptist church next year and were wondering if there was any paperwork we need to fill in or any interviews we need to have for the wedding to be legal?

I know friends who have had interviews at registry offices etc but as we are getting married in a church I didn't know if it was different?

Thanks

• B
    Beginner July 2013
    bellaZ ·
    • Hide content

As you're not getting married in a Church of England church, you will need to give notice at your local register office(s). You both need to give notice, although you can make an appointment together if you both live in the same borough, but you will be interviewed separately. You need to call for an appointment, which can take a month or more to arrange, depending on where you live. At the appointment you need to provide proof of id and nationality (passport or birth certificate) and answer basic questions about yourself and your intended. After a couple of weeks, you go back to collect your paperwork (one form for each of you) which you need to pass to the minister who will be marrying you. They can't marry you without those bits of paper.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics