Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

freb2reh
Beginner July 2011

Legal eagles D36 to D37. Anyone know how long this may take?

freb2reh, 30 May, 2012 at 10:44 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 4

Ok, well finally my ex has submitted our D36 to the courts - it's onlt taken 4 years to get to this point!

Do any of you legal eagles have any idea on the timescales involved before I get my D37? OH and I have given up planning for the time being as ex has been dragging his feet for so long. It's just me being a bit impatient I suppose but I have been waiting for what seems like an eternity to get to this point and really just want to know when I can put it all behind me and get on with my life.

Any feedback much appreciated.

4 replies

Latest activity by freb2reh, 30 May, 2012 at 14:53
  • freb2reh
    Beginner July 2011
    freb2reh ·
    • Hide content

Thanks JoJo. I have had my decree nici for ages but things got held up sorting out the finances. I completed my part of the consent order and he claims he has completed his parts and returned it to his solicitor. I phoned my solicitor to find out where we were in proceedings and it turns out they have not heard back from his solicitors as yet! So papers not even been submitted as I previously thought - annoyingly, Grrr! Not quite sure what's going on but I spoke to my ex and he assures me he returned his documents weeks ago. I have asked him to chase up his solicitor to try and find out what is causing the delay, so fingers crossed not too much longer. It just seems to be delay after delay with my ex and I am fed up with how the whole thing has been dragging on so long.

I was really trying to find out, once these documents materialise and are submitted to the court, how many weeks will it be (roughly) until I get my absolute? Hope that makes sense.

• freb2reh
    Beginner July 2011
    freb2reh ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that JoJo. More waiting I guess ?! I was really hoping I could have my divorce champers sooner rather than later - ho hum!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics