Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner September 2012

Less than 5 Weeks to go *Updated*

amanda66, 22 July, 2012 at 11:19 Posted on Planning 0 4

Good Morning Ladies,

Well we now have 8 weeks to go and my list of things to do looks like this:

• meet with the organist to finalise music in and out of the church and for signing the register
  • send details from above meeting to vicar who is completing order of service
  • finalise arragements with the lady who does the church flowers
  • sort a present for my parents (hosting + paying for majority of the wedding)
  • sort bouquets out for my two aunties who will of set the rooms up, made bouquets and dress alterations
  • In the next few weeks I will be chasing (daytime) non-rsvp's
  • Finalise seating plan + make table plan board (bought a metal heart memo board which I'm using)
  • write out place cards
  • Hair Trial and Hair cut (booked for the week before the wedding)
  • Groom Haircut
  • Double check arrangments with transport + times
  • final numbers to venue
  • finish kids activity packs
  • pick up table mats - we are having a poster with Mr and Mrs and our new surname the date and a cartoon bride and groom on - I do love these - this was the venues suggestion as there only table mats are dark blue, they are very elegant but don't match our cream and pink theme Smiley smile
  • buy mine and bridesmaid shrug - picked out the ones we want just need to order them
  • put table decorations together ready to be transported to the venue the day before
  • first dance music + any music requests (to play and don't play!) to the DJ.
  • make up favour boxes
  • Hen night x 2 (night out with everyone and weekend away with the older generation) and Stag night
  • Banns Read at church - first time is 28th of July, then 5th August and 12th August
  • Make "guestbook" - bought a giant blank canvas to put a photo of myself and OH in centre and then a load of pens for people to write messages on then this will be coated and put up on our wall at home
  • Nag OH, my dad and best man enough to make sure their speeches are done!!
  • Final dress fittings
  • "Essential" shot fittings to photographer
  • Evening Reception - to give them our final decisions on hot buffet food, double check what time bar closes and times for setting up

i'm sure theres more but never mind, to all you super organised brides out there you are probably horrified at my list but we only set the date at end of March beginning of April and its been full steam ahead since then.

I feel confident that we'll get this all done soon Smiley smile xx

4 replies

Latest activity by amanda66, 12 August, 2012 at 19:35
  • xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content

Ive got 4 weeks to go, and more left to do than you !

• A
    Beginner September 2012
    amanda66 ·
    • Hide content

Updating the list, as have crossed a couple bits off:

7 Weeks to go - Having our banns read for the first time tomorrow Smiley smile

• finalise arragements with the lady who does the church flowers
    • sort a present for my parents (hosting + paying for majority of the wedding)
    • sort bouquets out for my two aunties who will of set the rooms up, made bouquets and dress alterations
    • In the next few weeks I will be chasing (daytime) non-rsvp's
    • Finalise seating plan + make table plan board (bought a metal heart memo board which I'm using)
    • write out place cards
    • Hair Trial and Hair cut (booked for the week before the wedding)
    • Groom Haircut
    • Double check arrangments with transport + times
    • final numbers to venue
    • put table decorations together ready to be transported to the venue the day before
    • first dance music + any music requests (to play and don't play!) to the DJ.
    • FINISH making up favour boxes
    • Hen night x 2 (night out with everyone and weekend away with the older generation) and Stag night
    • Banns Read at church - first time is 28th of July, then 5th August and 12th August
    • Make "guestbook" - bought a giant blank canvas to put a photo of myself and OH in centre and then a load of pens for people to write messages on then this will be coated and put up on our wall at home
    • Nag OH, my dad and best man enough to make sure their speeches are done!!
    • "Essential" shot fittings to photographer
    • Evening Reception - to give them our final decisions on hot buffet food, double check what time bar closes and times for setting up

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

8 weeks today I will be married! ??

Not too much left to do now

sorting the cermonoy bits today, have to submit it online for the registras to approve

do the rounds and pay everyone, venue, transport, dress aterations, additional venue flowers, table runners and registra

Alterations for my dress and BM dresses

Buy shoes for little BM's (not till September as still growing)

Buy presents for mums, have no idea what to get them

I have another mini hen do on the 8th Sept where me and a couple of close freinds are having a bit of a pamper day and having my hair cut and coloured.

Last Suit fitting for OH and mainly for his son as we ordered the hire of them in February, this is to be done in the next two weeks

List of wanted phots to TOG

List of wanted songs for evening to DJ (venue)

Go and see OUR cake on the Thursday before the wedding

Then just the final bits, finishing the table names, table plan and menu's but I need the off cuts from the BM's dresses to do this, they are all printed and ready to be finished.

Cannot believe how the last fews weeks have passed so quickly. I think I am in control.

I think your list is pretty normal, especially with a church wedding as well. Ours is all in one place so easy really and as it was a package we just had to pick it so its down to the venue to ensure everything arrives, but I am checking with all the suppliers to make sure they have arranged what we wanted.

• A
    Beginner September 2012
    amanda66 ·
    • Hide content

5 Weeks to go eeeeeeeek!!!

Trying to get a lot done today so may update later!

To do list looks like this:

o Bridesmaid dress has been altered so it fits in size but is now being altered for length.

o sort a present for my parents (thinking weekend away but may just be a token present for now)

o sort bouquets out for my two aunties

o Chase Non-RSVP's

o Finalise seating plan + make table plan board + table spaces + pictures + menu’s

o write out place cards

o put table decorations together ready to be transported to the venue the day before and bows to be made for church

o first dance music + any music requests (to play and don't play!) to the DJ.

o Pick up favour sweets as have been ordered for next week

o Make "guestbook" - bought a giant blank canvas to put a photo of myself and OH in centre and then a load of pens for people to write messages on then this will be coated and put up on our wall at home

o Nag OH, my dad and best man enough to make sure their speeches are done!!

o "Essential" shot list to photographer

o Cake flower arch to pick up once ready

o Contact vicar and ask if we can get in night before to put things up in church. (to do – maybe at final banns reading)

o Sort balloons, weights and helium for night time

Time specific to do

o Hair Trial and Hair cut (booked for the 8th September)

o Groom Haircut (Around the 8th September)

o final numbers to venue (Booked meeting for 24th August)

o Hen weekend away with the older generation (25th + 26th August)

o Stag night (1st September)

o Banns Read at church for the final time (on the 12th August)

o final numbers to evening venue.

• A
    Beginner September 2012
    amanda66 ·
    • Hide content

Wedding - 15th September 2012:

To do list looks like this:

o Bridesmaid dress has been altered so it fits in size but is now being altered for length.

o sort a present for my parents (thinking weekend away but may just be a token present for now)

o sort bouquets out for my two aunties

o put table decorations together ready to be transported to the venue the day before and bows to be made for church

o first dance music + any music requests (to play and don't play!) to the DJ.

o Pick up favour sweets as have been ordered for next week

o Nag OH, my dad and best man enough to make sure their speeches are done!!

o "Essential" shot list to photographer

o Cake flower arch to pick up once ready

o Sort balloons, weights and helium for night time

o Buy Guest Book

o Hair Trial and Hair cut (booked for the 8th September)

o Groom Haircut (Around the 8th September)

o final numbers to venue (Booked meeting for 24th August)

o Hen weekend away with the older generation (25th + 26th August)

o Stag night (1st September)

o Speak with the vicar once he returns from holiday regarding order of service and visiting churh night before

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics