Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

DrBuffles
Beginner August 2014

Let me in on your crash diet secrets

DrBuffles, 15 of January of 2014 at 16:59 Posted on Planning 0 37

I've had the dreaded call from the bridal shop saying it's time to go in and be measured for my dress.

In classic DrBuffles style I haven't done what I said I would and haven't shifted as much bum fat as I would have liked.

So, I need drastic options. I don't have tonnes to lose so it's not going to be a 'lose 4 stone put 7 on' before the wedding but because my dress is being made to order if I change after I will be charged a hefty fee for alterations.

I want to get rid of a good half stone to a stone before 7th feb. I'm prepared to be drastic.

Anyone got any crash diet secrets?

37 replies

Latest activity by MissKB, 20 of January of 2014 at 12:31
  • MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Ive got 19 months to loose a stone & a few lbs so luckily i dont have to do anything drastic as ive got the time. How about the 2day diet? I lost 7lbs on my first week doing that! Slim fast is another quickfix, 2shakes & 1 low calorie meal a day x

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

For two days every week (and it has to be two days in a row) eat only the flowing and nothing else:

4 carrots

1/4 cucumber

4 sticks of celery

1 pepper

2 apples

1 orange

2 pears

small handful of raisins

1 tablespoon full of low fat natural yogurt

Drink only water and fruit/herbal teas, so no coffee or tea with milk. The other 5 days of the week, eat healthily, but have 3 proper meals a day (no junk though!). Last time I did this I went from about 10 stone to 9 stone in 4 weeks, and I'm 5"6/7 so I wasn't big at all at 10 stone. It's really hard though! It was about 5 years ago that I did it last, I tried lags in summer before last but didn't last the first two days! You still need to exercise too. It's no fun but gets results! Let me know if you decide to try it!

• terri_cramp
    Beginner May 2015
    terri_cramp ·
    • Hide content

Google the royal marine diet its pretty hard core, I've not done it before, purely because, I love slimming world and have plenty of time, but my sil has done It a few times and each time she has lost over a stone on it, her starting weight was 12 stone so she wasn't massive to begin with. it is a quick fix and the chances are you'll put the weight you lost back on after, its also not a healthy way of doing it but if needs must. its a two week programme.

X

• Jens Hand Crafted Stationery
    Jens Hand Crafted Stationery ·
    • Hide content

I've been using my fitness pal since New Years days and lost half a stone and that's just simple calorie counting!

xx

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

5:2 is brilliant and sustainable. For v quick loss I would do Dukhan attack phase.

• FHB
    Beginner March 2014
    FHB ·
    • Hide content

I'm in the same boat. I had a fitting at the beginning of December where the seamstress had tried to politely tell me that if I lost a pound or two the back of my dress would sit perfectly...and I could almost cry admitting it but since then I have put on 12lbs. I REALLY over did it during the festive season.

i have until the end of March to lose 16lbs.

I'm going to try the 5:2 diet as it sounds like something I could manage. If not I will definitely do Dukan, my aunt lost 3.5st in 9 months.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I find if I cut out all fried foods, fizzy juice, crisps and chocolate, everything bad but still eat 3 meals, I lose quite a bit, I find this better than crash diets as you're still eating a decent amount . Combine this with walking or your chosen exercise and it helps.

• D
    Beginner May 2014
    Daisydoll-Lea ·
    • Hide content

No carbs!!!! This is my 2nd week, admittedly I am starving but lost 5lb in the first week and hopefully I'll have similar results when I weigh myself on Friday! I only eat meat, eggs, veg, salad and a small amount of fruit! It's not easy but no pain no gain right!

• MrsNorm
    Beginner June 2017
    MrsNorm ·
    • Hide content

I have my own Natural Health and Nutrition Business. The weight management is amazing!! People can lose anywhere from 4lbs to 14lbs in 9 days!!! I am staring the cleanse in feb. I am happy to talk through it with anyone if you want :-)

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's the thing. I don't eat any of that stuff. I eat very well (other than the odd cheeky curry). I walk 45 mins a day with my dog.

Im 6 foot and weigh between 11.5 and 12 stone so I don't have much to lose, so it's much harder. I need drastic measures but dont want to just stop eating as such because of this 'starvation' mode your body goes into where it stores weight.

i know crash diets aren't good but I need quick results!

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Surfer Rosa ·
    • Hide content

I'm in the same boat as I had the call today. I was sure I would be a stone lighter by now! I think crash dieting is going to be the only way as it is such a short time scale.

Need to google some of these diets but hard to go down too low as I still want to run every day

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

MyFitnessPal gets my vote too, I have been doing it for a few months now, i have found it relatively easy and managed to lose 2lbs most weeks ;-)

• MischiefMumma
    Beginner August 2014
    MischiefMumma ·
    • Hide content

I'm avoiding starchy carbs; pasta, white potatoes, all bread and rice. I can have sweet potato though. I have scrambled egg and smoked salmon slices for breakfast because it's protein. Then for my lunch have salad leaves and baked chicken and then a carb free tea full of veggies. I have quite a lot of fruit but not a lot of grapes or banana as they're high is sugary carbs and calories. I was 12stone (76.6kg) and started last Tuesday. This morning I was 11.11 (74.9kg) and am impressed by the results. I'm not fat by any means I'm 5'9 but I want to look my absolute best for my wedding. I do yoga once a week too. Really helps!!

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    KyleighB ·
    • Hide content

Google the cabbage soup diet. It sounds awful but its not too bad, more like a veggie soup and you dont ONLY eat soup, thats just the base of it. Its only a week long (not allowed to do it for more than that) so the end is always in sight!

I've done it before and lost 12lbs in the week and amazingly it didnt go straight back on when I started eating more normally. Im doing it again at the moment, started on Monday and weighed myself this morning, 6lb off!

Also try a workout dvd called 30 day shred, I got it on amazon for about £5, its pretty tough but reckons that if you do it everyday you can lose 20lb?! I cant confirm that as I havent been doing it everyday but I feel much more toned from doing it.

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the tips girls.

I'm going to Zumba for the first time ever tonight. I've had the number in my phone for ages so decided to bite the bullet and call! Had a lovely chat to the lady who runs it and she highly recommends the 5:2 so I'm going to give that a go and just eat really clean and well on the days I'm not fasting.

I've done 30day shred before. I think it's great but there is no way I would lose 20lb on it. I lost inches and felt good but the scales didn't move more than about 5lb and that was on a calorie restricted diet too. I'm going to do that along side the Zumba and the 5:2 and pray for a miracle!

On another note surely 12lb a week isn't healthy and must be mostly water weight? That would mean a calorie deficit of 42,000 for the week based on the 3500 calories deficit to lose 1lb. I certainly don't eat 42000 calories a week to cut out!

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

Juice master detox - I done 3 days but you can do 7 - you lose weight, get rid of all the crap and it clears skin - it's not as hard as you think it will be but even if it is just think of the dress - good luck!

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    KyleighB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Im sure its not healthy and thats why you are only allowed to do it for a week but theres not many crash diets that are! I dont eat that many calories either, its a huge amount! Not sure how it works but it does!

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

The cabbage soup diet?

I think atkins has similar aniti-social side affects! Loverly!!!!

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've googled it. Doesn't actually sound as bad as I thought when you first said it. Very tempting. Might give it a go, need to pick a week with nothing else going on.

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    beckimas ·
    • Hide content

Hi, google the terri-ann 123 diet. It's a low carb, high protein diet where you can lose up to 10lbs in the first 10 days and then it evens out to 2lb a week. You have to pay about £10 I think it is to get the book with the what you can and can't eats in it and then you get added to a secret facebook group where the support is fantastic. Lots of people share their before and after photos and even in just the '10 day boost' as they call it you can see big differences in peoples shapes and sizes. It is not however mandatory to share pictures if you don't want to. You basically have to eat loads of meat and you get your carb intake from things you wouldn't expect like fat free yoghurts. Definitely worth a try. Hope this helps.

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

2 weeks in and 5lbs down on a 'clean' food plan.

Breakfast is porridge and 2 boiled egg whites

Apple and a few almonds mid morning

Chicken breast, brown rice and broccoli for lunch

Apple mid afternoon

Turkey breast, sweet potato mash and broccoli for dinner.

No sugar, no white carbs, no alcohol and no dairy. It's cleared up my acne as well which is a bonus!

Also a big fan of juice cleanses if you can get through the detox headaches!!

I've done Weight Watchers before and lost 5stone on it, put 2 back on in 2 years (10lbs of that in December alone!!) but got a bit lazy.

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you vary this at all or same thing every day?

Do you make the porridge with water? What else do you put in it?

No wine!!!!!!! ?

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

Practically the same thing every day. I don't eat fish but that would be one way to mix it up. Some white fish for the evening meal.

I'm not going to lie, I had a few glasses of wine at dinner on Sunday (required when eating with the in laws for sanity reasons) and it hasn't affected the weight loss, just drunk lots of water as well.

I cook all my meat on a Sunday for heating up but use different herbs and spices when I'm grilling or steaming so they all taste different which helps!

It sounds boring, but once you realise it works it keeps me going.

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried the hairy bikers diet? Its amazing normal food and it works!! Get their book on amazon!

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

Should have said I make the porridge with water (quite a bit of it so it's runny and not thick and gloopy) and I will put sweetener in it.

If I'm feeling indulgent then I'll put some sugar free syrup (like you get from starbucks), a banana and blueberries.

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Surely inches are what you want to lose if it's for a dress fitting?

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

I know what you mean! - I've lost nothing even though I'm running 3 times a week and eating well AND not drinking. LOST NOTHING. so frustrating.

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did you measure yourself?

I measure myself and take pics before doing the shred. It's amazing to see the difference

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

No I haven't, I've got some clothes that I use as a guide, so when they fit I know I'm doing well!!

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    KyleighB ·
    • Hide content

So I finished my cabbage soup diet yesterday and even though I didnt follow it strictly over the weekend (had the soup for lunch but 'normal' dinners) I lost a total of 10lbs!?

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well done, that's impressive.

How did you feel all week? I'm planing on still doing the shred every day and Zumba 3 times a week. Plus walking the dog. Will I manage this or are you tired and headachey?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics