Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

DrBuffles
Beginner August 2014

Let me in on your crash diet secrets

DrBuffles, 15 of January of 2014 at 16:59

Posted on Planning 37

I've had the dreaded call from the bridal shop saying it's time to go in and be measured for my dress. In classic DrBuffles style I haven't done what I said I would and haven't shifted as much bum fat as I would have liked. So, I need drastic options. I don't have tonnes to lose so it's not going to...

I've had the dreaded call from the bridal shop saying it's time to go in and be measured for my dress.

In classic DrBuffles style I haven't done what I said I would and haven't shifted as much bum fat as I would have liked.

So, I need drastic options. I don't have tonnes to lose so it's not going to be a 'lose 4 stone put 7 on' before the wedding but because my dress is being made to order if I change after I will be charged a hefty fee for alterations.

I want to get rid of a good half stone to a stone before 7th feb. I'm prepared to be drastic.

Anyone got any crash diet secrets?

37 replies

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    KyleighB ·
    • Hide content

To be honest it does take it our of you. I had a couple of dizzy spells but a quick sit down and i was fine again. As for being tired, I'm not sure if it was because of the diet or the fact that my 2 year old has turned into the devil this week but even now, im exhausted! I dont remember feeling so tired when I did it before.

Not sure if id be able to do all that exercise with it, maybe just the shred?

• MischiefMumma
    Beginner August 2014
    MischiefMumma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know how you feel, I've been doing my 'no carbs' diet. Absolute $h!te. I started 2 weeks ago at 76.6 kg and this weekend got down to whopping 75 kg.... this morning, back to 76.6. WTF!!! Im getting really frustrated, I'm restricting myself on all the fun thing, not drinking, craving bread like never before and for what? Sweet FA!!! ?

• MissKB
    Beginner June 2014
    MissKB ·
    • Hide content

Crash diets really arent the way to go. If you manage to lose say a stone for your fitting, and then afterwards go back to eating how you were before, chances are you might put the weight back on and the dress might not fit when its made. And then you will have the panic of crash dieting before the big day to get the dress to fit again

The best way to lose weight is eat less/better and exercise more! There is no point restricting yourself to certain things, as eventually you'll introduce those things again and the weight will creep back on

As some have mentioned, when you exercise more, you build more muscle, which weighs more than fat. So you might not find the numbers on the scales going down as quickly as you like when you do more exercise, but your clothes/dress will fit better

Dresses can always be made smaller, so if you go for your fitting when you're a bit bigger than you're aiming to be when the wedding arrives, its not the end of the world

Sorry this probably isnt the kind of response you wanted, but it's just my opinion

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics