Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin8
Beginner June 2014

Lets talk about M&S cake...

Erin8, 21 of April of 2014 at 20:42 Posted on Planning 0 8

We are planning on getting our wedding cake from Marks & Spencer's. 3 tiers of this style of cake:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/traditional-wedding-cake-medium-tier/p/pb940041

Sorry to be so dim but do l need a cake stand, pillars or dowels? I have ordered some toppers but l am clueless about what else l need to get.

8 replies

Latest activity by Erin8, 23 of April of 2014 at 22:43
  • kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

You will need a stand. If your buying a tiered cake it should come pre stacked. If you are ordering the cakes separately then you will need to buy the dowels and stack yourself. If you haven't done it before then I would ask for help from someone who has as it's hard to get them central.

Sorry I'm on my phone so the link doesn't work properly.

x

• A
    Beginner September 2015
    almostmrsStimpson ·
    • Hide content

From reading the reviews of their cakes, they come with dowels etc to stack but are not already stacked. Xx

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

The m&s website has some how to videos for putting together their wedding cakes. I remember watching them a while ago with my sister, who's doing my cake.

• ApricotTree
    Beginner December 2013
    ApricotTree ·
    • Hide content

The cakes come with everything you need to stack them, but don't come pre-stacked. I did mine the night before in the venue as we had access and it was lovely Smiley smile

• L
    Laura Radford Photography ·
    • Hide content

Can I just say this is the best thread ive seen all month.....mmmm cake!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

You gotta love cake! Thanks for all of your advice and information everyone. My friend suggested that l get a cake stand, l think that would be a handy way of overcoming the whole stacking issue.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It will also give your cake more height, good idea

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I got a 3 tier cake stand, to save the stacking, dowel issue and no fear of it toppling over when cutting into it! You can buy them off ebay etc, but some cake decorating stores/cake shops hire them. Several styles and can easily be decorated with ivy, ribbon or just left plain.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the idea Teal. My best friend and l were thinking of a similar thing, maybe some silver ribbon around them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics