Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shannon
Dedicated August 2022 Vale Of Glamorgan

Lets Talk Honeymoons!!

Shannon, 3 of May of 2021 at 17:42 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 2 35

Where is everyone going on their honeymoons and for how long? Why did you choose that destination? Is it a special place for you and your partner? How did you decide where to go? I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW YOUR STORIES.

Funny story, we actually booked ours before we even knew we were getting married! Back in January we booked to go to Mexico next year with my parents because our holiday to Mexico last year was cancelled. A couple of months later my mum started tagging me in weddings from our hotel in Mexico hinting for us to get married there obviously! At first we were in love with the idea and started planning right away, after a few weeks we realised some of the most important members of our family would not be able to come because it is quite expensive and there was no way we could afford to pay for them so we decided to get married at home and have Mexico as our honeymoon. Yes my parents are going to be there but because the resort we are going to is SO big we could probably go the 2 weeks without bumping into them!

35 replies

Latest activity by Lauren, 9 of October of 2021 at 13:29
  • Ebony
    Savvy May 2023 Lincolnshire
    Ebony ·
    • Hide content
    Our criteria is hot, sunny, all-inclusive and adults only 😂 We are leaning towards Sorrento, Italy. There seem to be quite a few resorts there that fit our budget and criteria, and it’s short-haul so we can spend less time travelling and more time honeymooning. Hoping to spend 2 weeks out there just relaxing and eating lots of food 😂
  • D
    Dedicated June 2021 Hertfordshire
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content

When we got engaged this Christmas we initially talked about a real luxury destination honeymoon - we were thinking an all-inclusive exclusive resort in Thailand with all the frills and luxuries. But we wanted to get married asap, so our wedding is in June and we soon realised that the world is just not ready for us to plan and book something like that just now, so we completely changed tack and have decided to stay in the UK. We go the day after we get married to a cabin with a private hot tub on a Forest Holidays park for a week of bubbles, food, relaxing, walking and outdoor activities Smiley smile

We might do the big honeymoon belatedly in a few years as an anniversary present to ourselves but I'm so excited for what we are doing instead!

• Abiscott
    Curious August 2022 Derbyshire
    Abiscott ·
    • Hide content

I think we had a particularly unromantic decision process!

Had a holiday to Cape Verde covid cancelled twice, TUI offered us an incentive to rebook but we had no leave left from work for this year. So we used the incentive to book our honeymoon but we had limited availability from the TUI site booking into 2022 so we’ve picked what we think is the best of the bunch and we’re off to St Lucia! At least it’s half paid for already Smiley laugh

• Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds lovelySmiley love

• Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds amazing!! If we didn't have Mexico already booked we probably would have gone back to where we got engaged which is BelgiumSmiley love It was our first little holiday away together and he popped the question so it was literally the most perfect holiday and its somewhere special to us!

• Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We had Mexico cancelled last September so we changed our holiday to Tunisia this year (was meant to be there now actually) but again it was cancelled so we just gave up then January we had a why not just book Mexico again moment and it turned into our honeymoonXD we paid off a good chunk of the holiday from our Tunisia holiday to so that was the plus side to that being cancelled!

• Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    We wanted to go to the Maldives but with all that’s going on we have decided to stay in the UK and are going to Gara Rock in Salcombe which looks amazing
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    Apparently, we’re going on a cruise, even though I’m terrified of water 😬. He’s sitting next to me right now looking at cruises. He’s certain I’ll love it, but if I don’t we never have to go on another one, which is nice to know! He’s looking at ones around the Caribbean and finishing with a couple of nights in Vegas. I’m not feeling it at all, but I’ve made pretty much all the wedding decisions and he seems really excited about it. However, if we sink and I find myself clinging to a door, you can bet your life I’m letting him go. It will be the least he deserves!! 🤣
  • Louise
    Savvy September 2021 Cheshire
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We went on a cruise a couple of years ago (I get terribly sea sick and my fiance can't swim) and it was fine. You will honestly love the cruise.
  • Louise
    Savvy September 2021 Cheshire
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    We are going to Scotland. We had hoped for interesting holiday abroad, but due to getting married this September we went for the next best option. We've chosen a few nice hotels and are island hopping (Skye, Mull, Arran) for about a week and a half. So looking forward to it!
  • Hollie
    Curious September 2021 Staffordshire
    Hollie ·
    • Hide content

Hey!

We're hoping to go to the Maldives for two weeks 2 days after the wedding, 6th September 2021! I've been before with family 10 years ago and my partner has never been, so we thought as we had to cancel our original wedding in Greece, we would spend more on a special honeymoon to my favourite place in the world and have a small wedding in the UK! And we just want to be pampered after what would be 2 years of no holidays 😂

Even if Covid messes up our current date, we're still determined to go, whether it's this year or September 2022!

• J
    Curious December 2021 Oxfordshire
    Jenna ·
    • Hide content
    I’m also hoping to book the Maldives for Feb 2022 🤞

Any recommendations, let me know!
  • Hollie
    Curious September 2021 Staffordshire
    Hollie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey!

We're going to Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu, one I've not been to before, but the one I will highly recommend is Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, I think that will forever be my favourite purely for the snorkelling 🥰

I have my fingers crossed for you being able to go! 🤞

• AmyKate
    Savvy August 2021 Kent
    AmyKate ·
    • Hide content

We are going to Borneo in Malaysia to see the Orangutan's in the wild!

• Abiscott
    Curious August 2022 Derbyshire
    Abiscott ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow, that sounds amazing!

• Nisha-Jasmine
    Curious June 2021 Cambridgeshire
    Nisha-Jasmine ·
    • Hide content
    We we're originally going to Mauritius in September last year as our wedding was supposed to be 28th August, covid postponed it to 16th June this year and because we have vulnerable people in our immediate family and also didn't fancy flying long distance or at all given the situation we got our deposit money back from kuoni and booked a week's staycation in Lanreath just outside Liskeard in Cornwall, stone rush lakes accommodation is luxurious has a jacuzzi, sauna and cinema room all inside a cabin. We tried forest holidays for a tree house but all were booked up. Go for something different to the norm and book at least 3 weeks off for your wedding and honeymoon whether in the UK or abroad!
  • Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds lovely!😍 we booked Mexico for next year as a normal holiday then we decided to get married so having it as our honeymoon😍
  • Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are looking for somewhere to stay for a couple of days between the wedding and honeymoon so I might look into this😍
  • Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve never been on a cruise either! My mum went a couple years ago and hated the idea of it but ended up loving it so hopefully it’ll be the same for you!🤩
  • Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds like a lot of fun!🤩 get to explore abit too which is always amazing🤩
  • Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    Love that🤩😍
  • Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely still go then!😍
    The hotel we are going to in Mexico is where my mum&stepdad went on their honeymoon! I’ve been to Mexico before but not this exact hotel and the furthest my H2B has been away from the U.K. is Belgium in 2019 where he proposed😍 so it’ll be lush to take him to a place I love and is special to my parents
  • Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that sounds amazing😍😍
  • Heather
    Beginner May 2023 Cheshire
    Heather ·
    • Hide content

We are planning rather a large trip to Australia and New Zealand with hopefully a couple of days in Japan at the start.

We wanted to do something we probably never would otherwise and we both have family in Australia so it seems the perfect excuse (: We haven't looked into logistics yet but we know we want to go in December/January time so will have a bit of a gap between our wedding (May) and actually flying out. We're also planning on asking for contributions to the honeymoon as gifts, we already live together and planning on buying a house before we get married so we don't really need traditional gifts.

• Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes definitely have a look
  • Shahbaz
    Beginner October 2004 Rutland
    Shahbaz ·
    • Hide content
    Hello 🤩🤩🤩🤩
  • L
    Beginner July 2021 Hampshire
    Lexi ·
    • Hide content
    Hello dear
  • L
    Beginner July 2021 Hampshire
    Lexi ·
    • Hide content
    It is my work I can get it for you
  • Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    We won't be having a honeymoon.
    Neither of us are particularly fond of holidays so the wedding night in the hotel will be enough for us! X
  • D
    Beginner June 2023 Zhejiang
    David ·
    • Hide content

I think the Aegean is a great place for a honeymoon. Both the name and the scenery imply sweet love.

• J
    Beginner August 2021 Texas
    Jason ·
    • Hide content
    Hello pretty one,
    I'm new how do this site rolls?
  • J
    Beginner August 2021 Texas
    Jason ·
    • Hide content
    Wow that's great news

You voted for . Add a comment 👇