Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsB88
Beginner August 2015

Letting guests know who's who in bridal party.

MrsB88, 12 of November of 2014 at 19:10 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hiya! So i like the idea of having photos of all members of the bridal party with their names. Think its nice for guests to know who they are. Im thinking either having an order of the day with timings etc and the 'whos who' on that. Will put them on guests seats (having a civil ceremony). Other option is to have one main board on an easel with the timings and whos who. What do you think?

11 replies

Latest activity by kimiu, 14 of November of 2014 at 14:05
  • kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

I put a page on my website introducing the bridal party - putting a bit of a cheesy biog about each person, and a photo that reflects who they are - this does not always mean it is the most flattering of photos, but if they will do fancy dress, then they cannot complain!

Seriously, though, they have had the opportunity to vet the page before the site went live, and I would change the photos if they asked me to. I probably wouldn't do photos on a board at the ceremony though. If we do have an order of service/order of the day, it will have a list of who's who, but just names, no other details, and no photos. I think our guests will know who everyone is by then by the time we've had hen and stag do's.....!

• MartinC Photography
    MartinC Photography ·
    • Hide content

We had a little paragraph + photo for each on our website too. It's a fun way of letting people know who everyone is.

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

g...

I quite like this type of thing...I like having stuff to look at at so am a bit of a sign lover!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Same for me. I'm naturally quite shy and i'd feel pretty awkward about having my photo (& possibly text about me) on something that was on everyones seats/on display.

Have you double checked with them how they'd feel about it?

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They can't be shy about having their photo taken when there are going to be hundreds of photos taken of them on the day! Lol.

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

I think having a photo and description on the website would be easier. Then those who are interested can have a look. Or you could have a note on the back of the order of service thanking each person.

I'm not so sure about having photos in the order of service or on an easle. Personally i think it's a bit over the top.

People will either work it out themselves or won't care who's who.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

We did the website thing too. To be honest, I wouldn't enjoy sitting down to find a picture of my own ugly mug staring at me from a brochure! I hate having my picture taken normally and would feel very uncomfortable having one specially done for this reason.

Having your photos taken alongside a whole bunch of other people at the wedding is completely different. For starters, you aren't the only person having their photo taken; you're all dressed up with perfect hair and perfect make-up and a gorgeous outfit; you aren't the centre of attention - the bride and groom are; it's a happy occasion meaning you are naturally smiling and the pictures are just part of the day.

If you ask them to provide a photo they would be happy for you to use, then you might get an agreement, but I definitely would ask them first and if they say they would rather not, then you will have to respect that ?

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    missgeebee ·
    • Hide content

I've put a who's who on the website. I've used facebook profile pictures - as they have specifically chosen these. They're all fun pics to go with the fun little description - which is more an insight into how i met them all. I won't bother with anything on the day, most people will already know anyway!

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What website did you use? The one ive gone with atm doesn't allow me to have such a page

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Mine is gettingmarried.co.uk and they have a page specially for who's who ready for you to load your pics and info!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics