Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2011

Light grey suits, Cadburys purple bridesmaids and an ivory wedding dress?

sadiek82, 23 of September of 2010 at 12:14 Posted on Planning 0 10

I had always had my colour scheme in mind since we got engaged, the groomsmen would wear a light grey (silver…ish) suit with purple cravats, the bridesmaids Cadburys purple dresses and me in a traditional white wedding dress. The suits and bridesmaid dresses I were thinking of are these

http://www.coes.co.uk/productdetail.asp?productcatalogue=HIChriCol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150483471050&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Only problem is I have now got my dress and it is ivory (not what I was expecting to go for). I am thinking to tie it all in the groomsmen will need to wear the grey suits, with ivory waistcoats and purple cravats. But I am concerned about the ivory and grey together. What do you think will the colours go? Has anyone done it before and do you have any photos? any advice?

Thanks Sadie

10 replies

Latest activity by Kat44, 4 of October of 2010 at 20:04
  • Jayned
    Beginner May 2001
    Jayned ·
    • Hide content

I don't have any pics I'm afraid.....but I think the colours will go lovely together!!

jayne

x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

It will look fine:

• tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

Yep I'd give it a ? too

• B
    Beginner April 2010
    Baz183 ·
    • Hide content

This was my colour scheme. Bridesmaids had Cadbury purple (little one in lilac), my dress was ivory and the groomsmen wore light grey suits, silver waistcoats and lilac cravats (except my H who wore an ivory cravat so he stood out a bit). Personally I think it looked lovely (but then I would say that really ?)

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same colour scheme!!! Except as the purple BM's dresses seems to be everywhere I'm adding a twist with either Jade green/emerald green dresses now but purple flowers, purple ties ivory waistcoats.......and having champagne gold chair tie backs and ivory pearls as jewellrey!

Ivory and grey works really well though and on my hunt for ideas have seen it on a few pic's and looks great! x

• H
    Beginner December 2010
    Han85 ·
    • Hide content

My colour scheme is a slightly darker purple but the men are also wearing grey suits and im wearing ivory. So im voting Yes it will look lovely :-) x

• C
    Beginner July 2011
    cassmk2 ·
    • Hide content

I agree that i think it will look really nice.

• S
    Beginner July 2011
    sadiek82 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much Baz 183 a picture says a thousand words and yours looks lovely so my mind is now at rest that providing the groom is happy with the suits I can have the colour scheme I want!

Thank you also Sherrie, yours looks great too and everyone for you replies!

Sadie, x

• AmyLovesPaul
    Beginner May 2011
    AmyLovesPaul ·
    • Hide content

And another yes here too!! ?

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is my exact colour scheme!! I'm in Ivory, BMs in Cadbury Purple, Men is Silver suits, with Ivory/purple waiscoats and my H2B is wearing a silver waistcoat, all with purple cravats.

I think it will look wonderful ?

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics