Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

RusticBride15
Beginner June 2015

Light in the Box Bridesmaid dresses?

RusticBride15, 17 of June of 2014 at 10:10 Posted on Planning 0 3

So i as im ridiculously organised and have very little to plan i thought id move on to bridesmaid dresses and was wondering Has anyone used light in the box, What are the dresses like? Can anyone share any flashes of any light in the box dresses?

Thanks in advance ❤️

3 replies

Latest activity by MadamRed, 17 of June of 2014 at 16:43
  • J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

My friend had them for her wedding last year and they were excellent quality.

• mustard_mitt
    Beginner September 2015
    mustard_mitt ·
    • Hide content

I looked into them too and found several posts on here about them saying that quality was okay and the price was good but apparently you get stung on the import tax, so you just need to make sure you budget for the tax as well as the cost of your dresses.

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

I wore one when I was bridesmaid for a friends wedding 2 years ago.

There are a great range of styles and coloours, something to suit everyone. My dress was very comfy and great quality. I stoll have it now and could easily wear it to another wedding as a guest.

We had ours custom made, so sent over our measurements. They were made excatly to those measurements. One of the girls didn't trust the site so added a couple of cms onto her measurements, and the dress was too big for her. So she had to get it adjusted by a dressmaker. So they really are made to fit as you tell them - just follow their measuring instructions carefully when doing it.

The import tax was a beast - my friend got stung for it at her front door so had to pay. There was nothing on the website to warn about it, so she was pretty cross. She sent a hideous complaint email to them and managed to get it refunded. But that was 2 years ago and it's pretty common knowledge about the import tax now. They probably have a note about it on their website now.

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I buy a lot of stuff imported, and just to be aware:

1. Import tax is based on how much HMRC decide your package is worth, not how much it cost you to buy.

2. Import tax very much depends on whether HMRC choose to open your package. So, if you order one dress to get an idea of colour/quality and don't get stung for import tax, that doesn't mean you won't have to pay tax if you then choose to order some more as a separate package.

3. You can ask the seller to mark the package as a gift, which means it is less likely to be opened, but many sellers won't do this as it is technically illegal to mark goods which have been sold commercially as gifts and they can receive a hefty fine for doing so.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics