Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

smccallum
Beginner May 2015

Lighter Life

smccallum, 2 of January of 2015 at 14:22 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 7

Happy New Year ladies!

I was just wondering whether anyone has had any experience (personal or know somebody) who has tried Lighter Life or Lighter Life Fast (the 5:2 diet)? Thanks.

7 replies

Latest activity by josephineperry, 13 of May of 2015 at 11:23
  • SakuraYuna
    Dedicated November 2016
    SakuraYuna ·
    • Hide content

I used to work with a girl who did these liquid only diets and pretty sure lighter life was one. She did lose weight on it but it made her quite unwell. I don't think liquid only is good for the body

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

My work colleague did lighter life about 2.5 years ago now. She lost over half her body weight. It's good for a boost but you must be aware that after this she has changed her lifestyle completely. Gym in the week, cycling or walking at weekends, cooking classes to learn about food properly, paying for a nutritionist. Happy to say she has kept all the weight off.

It was certainly no magic cure for her either. She needed will power like you wouldn't believe, she basically ate no solid food for over a year but the results are fantastic and the change in her mindset is amazing.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I know a few people who have tried this or similar diets, none of whom have lost weight successfully and been able to keep it off permanently. Personally I cannot believe that these type of diets are good for you.

The only way to lose weight successfully is to change your lifestyle - eat less, exercise more and make it a permanent change. Look at ways you can make the changes that will work for you, make it healthy not fast.

• K
    Beginner October 2016
    Kathrynpainter ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I have successfully done LighterLife and lost over 3.5 stone on it and have kept it off now for nearly 2 years. What people forget with diet's is, you will only keep the weight off if you change your way of eating and lifestyle, no matter what diet you go on, if, when you lose the weight you go back to your old ways and habits of course you will always put your weight back on. LighterLife is not a liquid diet it is a Very Low Calorie Diet and there are a range of great products, including bars, porridge, shakes and meals. If you want to lose weight for your wedding, this would be a perfect diet to do. It is nutritonally complete and recomended by many healthcare professionals and they have years of research to back up everything that is offered.

Sorry to go on, but I feel very passionate about the programme after being so successful on it!

Kathryn

• K
    Beginner December 2015
    kath1bridetobe ·
    • Hide content

Hey! I dont have any personal experience with it but I just started this program Body meet Bride and I'm loving it...its not so extreme the girl sends me a menu with recipes & workout videos each week! I'm only on my 2nd week but so far I'm loving it and think its much more realistic so that my suggestion Smiley smile

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've heard about this 'body meet bride'. Do you mind me asking how much it costs?

• K
    Beginner July 2016
    Kathryn3 ·
    • Hide content

Body meet Bride sounds interesting, I'll check it out

• J
    Beginner May 2016
    josephineperry ·
    • Hide content

I don't think liquid diets really work, or at least it is difficult to keep the weight off. I haven't tried lighter light, but similar programs plenty of times and it just didn't work for me, I either put the weight back on or felt too hungry after a while and just gave it up. Having read in the thread that it has worked for other girls I suppose that you might give it a try and see whyt happens, every body is different. I personally suggest healthy diet and lots of exercise, I suppose this is always the best way to lose weight.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics