Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Paul & Dawn
Beginner July 2015

Lighting

Paul & Dawn, 16 of February of 2015 at 20:59 Posted on Planning 0 5

So we would like something to create atmosphere in our 19th century oak room with a high ceiling for the dancing in the evening. I was thinking light up LOVE sign, the OH thinks this might be a bit tacky. We aren't having a DJ so spot lights won't work and our theme is vintagey... Any ideas?

Dawn

5 replies

Latest activity by MrsFitt2B, 17 of February of 2015 at 10:12
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

What about LED blossom trees instead? http://www.starlightweddinghire.co.uk/#!blossom-tree-love-letters/c8cg

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Can't help you there cus I LOVE those light up love letters, I think they'd sit with a vintagey theme nicely, we're having our initials at our barn cus it worked out cheaper than the word love, great stuff! Could you have loads of different sized hurricane lanterns scattered about with fake candles in them?

• Paul & Dawn
    Beginner July 2015
    Paul & Dawn ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Paula, forgot to say we are in North Devon!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Haha! That might be a bit far for a Yorkshire company! I went to the Carta Projects website for inspiration when you posted. There must be similar suppliers in Devon?

I think the Love letters are not tacky yet. Most wedding guests will not have seen them before. It's only people like us who spend hours in "wedding world" that see them over and over again!

I'm a full time wedding photographer and I haven't photographed a wedding with them yet. So they are not as commonly seen as you think!

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    MissExcited ·
    • Hide content

Hi, what about uplighters? They create a nice atmosphere and you can hire them for a decent price. We're not having a dj either so we're looking at hiring some uplighters at £12 each! Good luck!

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

What about some bay trees with fairy lights on them? We've got about 8 of these and we paid £20 per tree to hire them. Our venue is very dim inside, there is no natural light, but there are fairy lights all over the place that we can have switched on.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics