Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner

Lily vase inspiration & help

Teal, 6 of March of 2011 at 14:05 Posted on Planning 0 6

I bought these vases on ebay, but they are much narrower than the picture shows. A golf ball doesnt even fit down inside, so my original plan of having orchids WITHIN the vase is gone as think they would looked squashed. They are 70cm tall & hold 1litre of water each.

I will probably have a few orchids or something out the top, but what can I use within the vase itself? I've seen pics with what looks like bubbles suspended in water, but how is this done? I was going to buy crystal soil which are clear, jelly marbles, but not sure if they would look good up the entire vase, or just at the bottom? I've ordered mini lights to go in the bottom & prefer not to just have water in the vase. Any ideas or pics please?

6 replies

Latest activity by Teal, 7 of March of 2011 at 07:44
  • Kitty824
    Beginner December 2011
    Kitty824 ·
    • Hide content

I dont know if this will help but how about a single artificial orchid in each vase?

Hobbycraft do single flower stems and they look pretty realistic. You could also tie some ribbon around the top to match in with your theme.

Another idea, how about a floralyte and glass pebbles around the single orchid so all the glass lights up?

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I have ordered the mini floralytes to go inside the vases already, hence wanted a medium in the vase to make the most of the light.

I just dont think a single stem of orchids (real or fake) would fit within the vase without being squashed where the vase narrows. I like the ribbon idea though.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Some ideas for you:

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Sherrie. How do you get the bubble look in the vase though? I guess its the jelly crystal I mentioned, but only seen it come in marble sized balls.

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

They are water gel beads that you soak in water for a while before the wedding day and they retain the water for hours and hours. They arent very expensive and you wouldnt need many to fill lily vases. I'm not sure where you'd get them from normally (ebay?) but I saw them in my local flower supplies warehouse for a couple of quid per bag and a bag goes a long way.

I'm having lily vases and am putting crushed white gravely stuff (technical term there!) in them to weigh them down.

I'm having roses in mine something like this (but not with the water gel beads of floralytes!):

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

It is Crystal Accents which looks like crushed Ice. You can buy it on Ebay or here:

https://www.britanniadirect.org.uk/acatalog/CrystalAccents.html

The Diamond White is the one used here.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Thank you. I had only seen these ball things, never the one you mentioned. I think it will look better up the vase than the balls.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics