Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2023 Cheshire

Limited communication with suppliers

Charlotte, 16 of October of 2022 at 08:19 Posted on Planning 0 5
Part of me things I'm being paranoid and just to have more patience however also conscious if need to make a change I need to act swiftly.
We get married August 2023. I had contacted DJ and Florist end of August/beginning of September to get quote. I agreed to quote (via email)however since chased to secure booking with any necessary deposits and further information. Florist I've heard zilch from. DJ showed me screenshot of emails he's sent but they hadn't come through so we agreed to call. Still waiting...

Do I keep trying or panic and look elsewhere. We're getting married in place where suppliers are in short supply so likely to have been secured already.

5 replies

Latest activity by Sian, 22 of October of 2022 at 22:16
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated October 2023 Cumbria
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content
    It took me absolutely ages to get responses from florists back in April/May, over a month for some and it drove me mad. Email and ring them. Be persistent but also shop around. I emailed 8 different florists for availability and prices. You want a supplier who is responsive. You shouldn’t have to be the one chasing to pay a deposit, they should want your money!
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Elizabeth is right with "You want a supplier who is responsive. You shouldn’t have to be the one chasing to pay a deposit, they should want your money!"

One thing -- I would recommend everyone to keep checking your junk box for replies.

• K
    Savvy September 2023 East Sussex
    Kyla ·
    • Hide content
    All of the above! I'd go mad of my suppliers too ages to come back to me... like don't you want my money?!?!

Second what everyone else has said, check spam just in case, but if there's been radio silence shop around. If suppliers don't value good communication now, do you really want that stress leading up to your big day?
    Also, I always phone people and then follow up with email. That way I have a written record of all communications but I've also developed a 'relationship' with said supplier!
    Good luck! Hope they get back to you!
  • Kenna
    Beginner March 2023 Lothian & Borders
    Kenna ·
    • Hide content
    I've been quite lucky that I've had great communication from all my suppliers except one - the celebrant (aside from venue and photog, probably the most important!) Chased her back in May, said she was working on our ceremony script...still nothing. I feel like a pain but I may have to give her another wee prod!
  • S
    Savvy July 2023 Essex
    Sian ·
    • Hide content
    Well it’s good to hear I’m not the only one having this problem - specially with florists! I’ve been emailing and phoning different companies since the end of July asking for availability and quotes and most of them just don’t reply or taking weeks to get back to me.

They have all said the same thing (well the ones that didn’t just ghost me) - that they’ve been the busiest they’ve ever been with all the rescheduled weddings from the last 2 years so I suppose that’s a good sign they’re popular.. but still frustrating when you just want to get them secured!
    Mine date is July 23 so not too stressed yet but want to ideally get all my suppliers booked with deposit paid before the end of November.
    - I would like to add it’s mainly the florists that this is a problem I’m still trying to sort out. Also my actual venue aren’t great for responding either and ignore my emails unless I phone them. The caked maker, seamstress and photographer however were great and responded within a couple days.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics