Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Lip waxing numbness?

23 of April of 2015 at 22:09 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

Last night I took the brave decision to wax my upper lip and eyebrows. I have done it before, but years ago and have always been too chicken to do it again.

They were sore afterwards, but not too bad. This morning I woke up and my eyebrows were really sore to the touch, and my top lip was numb on one side. It was swollen a bit, had a few pimples on it already - grrrr.. (reminded me why I don't do it)..

Tonight the eyebrows have gone down, but my lip is still numb on one side. Has anyone had this?

7 replies

Latest activity by Superhanka, 24 of April of 2015 at 15:18
  • Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Could you be allergic to the wax?

I'm devotee of threading so its not happened to me.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

I wax my top lip. Did it last night actually. (damn Aruban heritage making me dark and hairy!! haha)

Anyway, I have to do it every 4 weeks otherwise I feel like a man, never had any numbness though.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

What brand of waxing strips did you use? Did you do it all in one go or a little bit at a time?

I use boots own brand sensitive wax strips. I start at the corner of my mouth, do that bit, then move to the middle etc and go the whole way round a little bit at a time.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Perhaps the nerves were effected by the hair being pulled out at the root? Have you had a go at threading? LOVE IT, can't believe I found it so late in life.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Oof! The rare occasions I've tried waxing I always get some sort of pimply rash, that's why I never do it anymore. Luckily the hair on my face is quite fine and blonde so I get away with just using hair removal cream once a week or so. Schwelley, I'd stick some Germolene on it and then leave alone to heal!

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

I've only ever used wax once on my legs and was highly allergic. now I just shave.

I get my eyebrows threaded and am a devotee, however, last week the lady in the salon tried an epil pro machine. Basically tweezers which use sound to kill the root. I'm not sure ofthe science but I didn't flinch one bit (I find threading so painful). The hair still grows back with epil pro but at a lesser rate and not as thick.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics