Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner March 2011

Lipstick/Lip Gloss?

whiteroserachel, 24 of February of 2011 at 12:16 Posted on Planning 0 18

I'm doing my own wedding make-up and am mostly using Benefit stuff as I really like it (and find it easy to use), but still haven't managed to find a lipstick/lip gloss that I like to complete the look. It seems like in every wedding photo I've seen the bride is wearing a glossy, fairly natural-looking darkish pink but I just haven't been able to find anything that I think looks quite like it! What is anyone else using (both brand and shade)?

18 replies

Latest activity by Rohan, 25 of August of 2020 at 09:09
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I'm not 100% sure yet but like you am doing my own with Benefit!

I have a Benefit one called Life on the A List which I love but wear all the time.

I also have some clinique ones which are fab (came in a set of 10 shades) and the Cherry Bomb and Double Plum are very nice.

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

I used a Dior gloss which you can get in Debenhams. Can't remember the shade of the top of my head but here's the website.

Failing that, head to Debenhams or House of Fraser to try a few.

• tmr1234
    Beginner June 2011
    tmr1234 ·
    • Hide content

Iam doign my own and have got a really nice pinky gloss by rimmel (stay gloss) it is ment to last for 6 hrs

• kirstycat
    Beginner April 2011
    kirstycat ·
    • Hide content

I'm using a Laura Mercier lipstick called Dry Rose topped with a LM lipgloss called Rosy Glace (I think). They are just as you described - very natural, pinky brown that would suit anyone. It's what I'm wearing in the pictures in this thread. HTH https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/219437.aspx

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I use soap and glory mother pucker in clear which doesnt budge at ALL but also live Cliniques BUtteshine lipsticks......

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

My fave is Elizabeth Arden Shine Pops in Cotton Candy. It's quite sticky though (but not as bad as Juicy Tubes) and stinks horrible. Looks nice though. Lol.

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

haa, selling that well ?

• WhiteRose84
    Beginner
    WhiteRose84 ·
    • Hide content

my mate bought me this - it's lush!! xx

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

haha exactly what i thought ?

• WhiteRose84
    Beginner
    WhiteRose84 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh, I've heard about this lip gloss - does it tingle? Might have to invest in some..... xx

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

Estee Lauder do the most loveliest lip gloss in all different shades, I wear nude, it smells lovely and it doenst have that sticky feel I think they start at £18 but if you went to any HOF or Debs you could try the testers out. Also they have the offer on until this Saturday any 2 purchases and you recieve lots of goodies, and they are brilliant! I think its on at House of Fraser.

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

On a previous post, the Clinque Buttershines were recommended so I went out a bought it and love it. The shade I bought was peek a boo. It feels like a lip balm on so it is not sticky at all, as I have long hair and dont want it sticking in photo's!!! xx

• Lauren25
    Beginner July 2011
    Lauren25 ·
    • Hide content

I have been using benetint to stain my lips and then use a gloss over the top, it stays on for ages! thats quite pinky red thou but you can actually get different strengths of colour depending on how much you apply..

• Scrumptious Make Up (HIB)
    Scrumptious Make Up (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I really do recommend using a lip pencil (colour as close to the lip gloss/lipstick colour) and colour all your lips in before applying the lipstick/gloss.

Clinique buttershine lipsick is brilliant. Its almost like a balm and feels like a gloss.

Emma x

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Soap & Glory mother pucker really does tingle nut I like it. The best lip gloss I have used was a freebie with a magazine, it was by Jemma Kidd, not sure where you can buy it though.

• W
    Beginner March 2011
    whiteroserachel ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all, I'm going to pop into Debenhams and/or House of Fraser tomorrow and take a look at some of those you've recommended. The Clinique one sounds especially good! ?

• Navy_girl
    Beginner
    Navy_girl ·
    • Hide content

I used a smashbox lip liner/pencil filler thing with a clear lip gloss over the top. The pencil stayed on for ages and survived most of he congratulations kissess!!!

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am going for a make up trial at my local Smashbox counter this Saturday so I look forward to finding out if the gloss is as good on my lips as it sounds like it was on yours !!

From what I have used though I would also recommend Sexy Mother Pucker, although I tend to use the coloured ones, and I also really like Dior glosses.

• Rohan
    Delhi
    Rohan ·
    • Hide content

If you don't know how to apply lipstick or lip liner

now you can click below for know how to apply lipstick and with buying guidance

Lotus Lipstick

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics