Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hydeschnucke
Beginner May 2018

List of outdoor wedding ceremony venues abroad ? (Italy etc.)

Hydeschnucke, 5 of January of 2016 at 16:00 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 18

Hello everyone,

We are looking into getting married abroad, where it's warm and sunny (Italy/Spain/France for example). We want the legal ceremony to be outdoors and not in a city hall though. Does anyone have a tip of how to find licensed outdoor wedding venues abroad, without going through wedding planners ?

18 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveIvoryCars41667, 1 of May of 2019 at 14:33
  • S
    Beginner September 2015
    Sevenyearhitched ·
    • Hide content

In Florida you can do it yourself. You just find a local notary. My daughter got married in Florida and that is legal.

Spain im afraid you need a legal ceremony here first . We got married on the beach at playa de las Americas in Tenerife and used Tenerife celebrants. Nicola Ann was excellent and it cost €350. She sourced a cake for me and a guitarist to play us down to the beach.

Showed the restaurant how to arrange the tables and how to put up the bunting I'd made . As she speaks Spanish she really smoothed things over and she also took photos on my iPad as we weren't having a photographer.

I can't recommend her enough. In Florida it was easy enough to do ourselves as we speak the same language.

• N
    Beginner August 2016
    nic-90 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

yeah you cant get married legally in Spain unless you live there. We are getting married in Malta. Hot and Sunny!! At the Limestone Heritage. its absolutely beautiful and legal outside. Have a look on the visit (where you want to go) websites eg, visit france, visit Italy. Bonus with Malta is they mainly speak English too which is partly what appealed to us.

Hope that helps and good luck with your planning! xx

• Hydeschnucke
    Beginner May 2018
    Hydeschnucke ·
    • Hide content

Thanks both, we are currently checking locations in Italy and Cyprus. It's exhausting.. Smiley laugh I feel it's the "worst" part of the wedding planning to find the best venue as there are so many things to consider.

• E
    Beginner September 2016
    ExpensiveGoldDecor480 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

im also getting married in Italy in september 2016! as im planning my wedding much in advance, and im getting married with an Italian, i can assure you that its better to find a good professional wedding planner!Its wrong thinking that they are expensive, they will save your nerves and resolve all the problems!

in italy its very difficult to organise things without knowing the country and the details, they are very

bureaucraticSmiley smile))

if you need any piaces of advice what concerns wedding planners, pgotographer, o makeup-hairstyling in italy, dont hesitate to ask!

• Hydeschnucke
    Beginner May 2018
    Hydeschnucke ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, I will definitely take you up on that offer if we decide to go for Italy instead of Cyprus.

Getting a wedding planner involved is generally a good idea but since we haven't decided on a country yet it would be wasted money to get planners involved.

The toughest part right now is finding wedding venues in Italy that allow civil ceremonies in a garden environment (a point I get my bridezilla claws out, it's non negotiable =p). But I'm persistent and will dig some out, I am sure of that.

I honestly can't wait to be done with searching the perfect venues, it really can be exhausting.

• N
    Beginner August 2016
    nic-90 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

the best thing to do is go into a few different travel agents get as many wedding brochures as possible and have a good flick through all the destinations you are interested in (and maybe some you haven't thought of). then if you find something you like the look of see if you can contact the venue directly! We found that out with ours but unfortunately after we had booked through a company. Have you had a look at perfectweddingsabroad.com they are quiet good for inspiration!! xx

• Hydeschnucke
    Beginner May 2018
    Hydeschnucke ·
    • Hide content

Great idea, I haven't thought about that at all ! Thank you, nic-90 !

• E
    Beginner July 2016
    ExpensiveOrangeStationery250 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm getting married in Ravello, Italy this July (still fun to say 'this' July!)

I'm getting married outdoors, in ravello town hall gardens, just a Google search will show you lots of results. Our reception Venue is villa Eva and again, everything is outside in a fairy-lit terrace area!

have a little Google and I'd be happy to give you more details if you wanted. As far as I'm concerned, wedding planner is ESSENTIAL! But I'm lazy Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner August 2016
    nic-90 ·
    • Hide content

How are you getting on Hydeschnucke? have you found something you like yet? x

• Hydeschnucke
    Beginner May 2018
    Hydeschnucke ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your tips, by now we've got a list of over 20 venues in three countries. We'll be attending a wedding show soon as well to get more insight, so I think we will be narrowing it down to a couple venues soon. So excited !

• H
    Beginner August 2017
    houndsgirl ·
    • Hide content

Some great advice here!

I'm half-French and my fiancé is also fluent. From what I gather, even though I have citizenship, we would not be legally married until we returned to Northern Ireland where we both live, and attend a registry office. But we want to keep it small - both the cost, and the wedding party - so we've decided on a chateau hire.

We have found ones between €**** for the week, but our guests, depending on number, would be paying their way. We've agreed to try and limit it to £250pp, so that will help us work out which size of a venue we would consider, and how many guests. We are not having a wedding list/expecting gifts, but we wouldn't be surprised if people chip in an extra £20pp to cover our flights or accommodation.

I am lucky, my fiancé is a great cook as are all his brothers, so they want to manage the cuisine on the day.

My dress will come from a thrift shop, and flowers will only extend to a bridal bouquet, button holes and my one MOH/bridesmaid.

We are capping our personal spend to £1500... Wish us luck...!

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    LuxuriousPinkDecor512 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married in Italy, outside Rome in Tivoli town hall at June 30th, and we booked a wedding planner, called weddings in Rome. They are fantastic, we didn't have a clue and they will give you an idea of location etc to suit you. Good luck with your search x

• S
    Beginner October 2016
    SunnySideBride ·
    • Hide content

Hi there - how did you get your list of venues together? I'm trying to do the same thing and really want to understand how to go about this. is there a website or did you talk to travel companies or just google it?

thanks

flora

• Hydeschnucke
    Beginner May 2018
    Hydeschnucke ·
    • Hide content

I used Google a lot. First, I researched which countries offer the kind of ceremony I was looking for (legally binding civil ceremony in a garden). That already narrowed down the countries quite a lot. You can find lots of information and lists when you search for "Wedding abroad requirements" or "Destination wedding requirements".

My fiancé and I then narrowed down the available countries to those we were happy with (i.e. we would have loved to get married in the US but feared our guests wouldn't want to travel so far). Then I used Google a lot more.

Each country has different rules for outside weddings. Some say it is possible pretty much everywhere, others are not so generous. For Cyprus, for example, I looked at a lot of hotels because hotel weddings are big there. But since it's also possible to get married in villas, I researched pretty villas.

In Italy it depends on the area, but mostly you have to go to licensed places. Among others, I used the following websites:

http://www.distinctiveitalyweddings.com/italian-wedding-locations.html

https://www.italianlakeswedding.com/planning/ceremonies/civil-ceremony-italian-lakes.html

For Gibraltar I used https://www.mygibraltar.co.uk/gibraltar-wedding-venues.aspx

Basically, it is a lot of digital leg work you've got to do. What also helps is checking bridal magazines for ads and checking wedding show websites for exhibitors. You don't necessarily have to go to the wedding show but quite often they list all the exhibitors on their websites. Just check if there are any venues listed and google them.

Smart searching is a must. Use simple but on-point search keywords, such as "wedding venues [insert country]" or "wedding requirements [insert country]" to get the infos you need.

It took me a couple weeks to create our list of venues we were interested in, but it was certainly worth it (and lots cheaper than contacting several wedding planners in various countries and paying them for their services).

Good luck.

• S
    Beginner September 2009
    sardinanbride ·
    • Hide content

I got married in Sardinia but my husband is Sardinian so this made things much easier. We organised everything ourselves, it seemed quite complicated at the time but I hardly spoke Italian :o

Many hotels can arrange the ceremony for you, my husband works in one and he said they do ceremonies on the beach - one tip though - Sardinian beaches are very busy (as I'm sure lots of other beaches are) in peak season and lots of hotels don't have a private beach. They might have other options for having the ceremony on the hotel grounds though.

Good luck

• L
    Beginner June 2018
    LuxuriousYellowBridesmaid582 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Can I take you up on your offer of more details? I've been looking at Villa Eva for my wedding and have quite a few questions!

Thanks!

Natasha

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Paris, with eiffel tower backgroun and then India, taj Mahal.

or Indonesia Borobudur, i love the landmark

• E
    Beginner July 2016
    ExpensiveOrangeStationery250 ·
    • Hide content

Sure feel free! I just don't know how to privately message as I'm on my phone and I don't get notifications, so just ask me on here and l check back. It's 30 days tomorrow for me until the ceremony! Smiley smile

• E
    ExpensiveIvoryCars41667 ·
    • Hide content

You can find huge list of outdoor wedding ceremony venues. I think London is best desination for royal wedding. The reasoanable price for wedding planning. For more information click Wedding Planner London.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics