Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

List of things to change your name on when married

14 October, 2011 at 13:18 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

Does anyone have a list of everywhere they needed to change their name? I have done a few bits but since having to send my marriage certificate and passport off to the DVLA, I cant do much more at the moment

5 replies

Latest activity by Flowmojo, 14 October, 2011 at 15:09
  • Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content

Employer Inland Revenue (obtain your reference and address from your employer) Department of Health & Social Security (write to the Contributions Agency at your local Social Security Office) Local Authority (to change council tax and voting records) Doctor Dentist DVLC (for your driving licence and any car registration documents) Passport Office Bank Building Society (mortgage and/or savings accounts) Credit Card and Store Charge-Card Companies Finance/Loan Companies (cars, household goods etc.) Premium Bond Office Investment Companies Companies that you have shares in (the name of the registrars should be on your certificates or paperwork) Utilities (gas, electricity, telephone) Mobile Phone company Pension provider Insurance Companies (motor, medical, life, buildings & contents, pets etc.). Mail-Order catalogue companies. Motoring Organisations (breakdown organisations) Professional Institutes and Bodies Clubs, Societies and Associations Solicitors, financial advisers etc. Internet Service Provider (if your e-mail address incorporates your old name, you may wish to change your e-mail address) Magazine subscriptions

Hmm no idea why that didn't post as a list

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I have this:

Barclays

Natwest

Electric Company

Direct Line

DVLA (for licence and V5)

National Insurance – does this do automatically?)

Water

TV licence

Sky

Facebook

Landline supplier

Formula 1 garage

Broadband

Council

Doctors

Dentist

Online accounts amazon, ebay, Play , Very etc)

Passport people

Vets

O2

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

You're not officially married until you change your name on Facebook dontcha know.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

liKe Red Barry said,if it aint on faceyb, it aint official!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics