Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2013

Little quirks for the evening do?

Moongel276, 15 June, 2012 at 14:25

Posted on Planning 39

Just looking for some ideas to make the reception and evening a little bit 'different'. So far i've toyed with the idea of chocolate fountain, fruit trees, sweetie table, candy floss and popcorn. None set in stone just playing around with prices etc at the mo. Can anyone give me some more ideas? Non...

Just looking for some ideas to make the reception and evening a little bit 'different'. So far i've toyed with the idea of chocolate fountain, fruit trees, sweetie table, candy floss and popcorn. None set in stone just playing around with prices etc at the mo. Can anyone give me some more ideas? Non food based welcome too.

39 replies

• G
    Beginner August 2012
    Gemma&Chantelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How much was your ice cream van Charlene? Were getting married in Brentwood and I've been quoted £400 which is a little more than I wanted to pay for 90 ice creams!!!

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Connect Four, Jenga, lawn darts and giant playing cards. I'm sure you can get more things. We borrowed these from friends so they were free. Jenga was the firm favourite. Though playing snap with giant cards had some of the guests highly amused!

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My mum had a mechanical bull, bouncy castle, jazz band and an elvis impersonator at her second wedding. It was a fantastic night!

• sarahjane82
    Beginner September 2011
    sarahjane82 ·
    • Hide content

We had garden games too, giant jenga which proved very popular!! and then just a few giant bubble wands etc for the kids! we also had a sweet buffet but we added a few extras like popcorn and candy floss to make it a bit different! i think the best thing we had in the evening was a surprise organised by our bridesmaids, the mr and mrs game!! we knew nothing about it and they set up 2 chairs back to back, gave us a barbie and ken doll each (the ones that are dressed as a bride and groom!!) they had made up a set of questions and they got the DJ to play the mr and mrs music and they used his mic to read them out and they scored us on how many matches we got!!! maybe a bit cheezey but the guests seemed to find it funny and we really enjoyed it!! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics