Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2014

little rant - bit upset!

SunnyOrangeConfetti79, 29 of March of 2014 at 18:00 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi ladies, just need to vent a bit. Disclaimer first is that I currently have PMT so totally have no ability at the moment to work out how (un)reasonable i'm being!

Very long story short - woman I used to be fairly friendly with but now, for a whole host of reasons, I have nothing to do with anymore. I am still on good terms with her partner though who was previously a close friend, but obviously thats not quite the same now. Couple of years ago this woman starts up a hate campaign against me - doesnt win her any friends and her partner did his best to get her to stop being a dick. Eventually she got bored and stuck to bitching privately to anyone who will listen.

I'm not friends with her on facebook, but am with her partner, and end up seeing a lot of her drivel because she tags him in nearlt every post she makes. She also has a habit of making incessant posts counting down how many sleeps until the next up-coming event, and they are one of those couplea that post soppy messages to eachother on their walls every valentines, bday, anniversary of 1st shag etc

My partner and I and this couple have several murual acquaintences as we all initally met through the same social pool. Whilst we've been pretty low key about our relationship/wedding etc on social media (thats just how we are) we're obviously still counting down ourselves and really looking forward to our special day.

Yesterday I see an announcement on fb saying they've confirmed their wedding date - yep you've guessed it. I just felt really winded and upset when I saw it. I dont know if i'm just being silly (htb thinks I am I think) but the idea of seeing the countdowns to *our* wedding day, and the no doubt really sickly anniversary messages really has taken a tiny bit of the shine and excitement off of things for me.

Thats all I guess really - just wanted to offload

9 replies

Latest activity by MrsHD2015, 30 of March of 2014 at 16:17
  • H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

I get why you're annoyed, I would be too!

I would hide him from my news feed (I have hidden so many people as can't be doing with their dramas) so that you won't be seeing it all the time.

• lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

Look on the bright side she won't be coming to your wedding!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Very much agree with hiding him from your news feed. I know you're still friends with him and it will cause you to lose touch in a sense as I find it's an 'out of sight out of mind' deal, but I think you need to do it for your own sanity.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for replies Smiley smile

Our invitations went out ages ago and the guests thing isnt really an issue - we have invited a few people who know them too, but they are gwtting married overseas so that shouldnt be a problem anyway - it's just the hijacking of the date that bothers me - I also can't get my head round why anyone would want to choose a date when someone they know is already getting married!

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I can get how that could a touch annoying, a friend of ours is planning their wedding and i have to admit hearing it 3 times a day is a little excessive (i wish i was kidding but generally it is 3 posts a day!)

like others have said, turn off the feed and ignore it all.

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like your better of without her as a friend anyway. I'd be quite peeved myself, but try to ignore it. X

• charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

Block her then you wont see anything from her even if shes tagged him and if you start seeing countdowns from him hide him from your news feed.

It would really pee me off too. sounds like she is tagging him in everything cos she knows you will see xx

Beginner December 2014
    3ColoursBlue ·
    • Hide content

Ah, frenemies! Gotta love them. I agree with blocking. Couples who spend so much time on public walls declaring their love are usually trying to prove a point to themselves and it is nauseating.

Focus on your day and your day only.

• MrsHD2015
    Beginner June 2015
    MrsHD2015 ·
    • Hide content

I kinda know how you feel. I feel out big time with my best friend a few years ago and her whole family (who I was really close with) turned on me, Earlier this year I found out her sister is having the same wedding date as me. luckily we don't have any mutual friends a live in different parts of the county but for some reason it did seem to take the shine of my excitement! Now i have got over it a bit and am just determined to have the most amazing day ever and have ramped up my weight loss regime so I look and feel amazing!

It's not nice sharing your special time with someone you are not on good terms with but just focus on your own day, try to ignore facebook, it's really evil!

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics