Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner November 2014

Little things you have forgotten

Hisgirl, 2 of June of 2014 at 14:50 Posted on Planning 0 10

Was feeling pleased with myself earlier today as we order H2Bs shoes so I was all smug thinking only the shirts to buy now and that's all the physical stuff brought and paid for. And then I remember that we don't have a nice cake knife. Or a nice pen for the guest book. Or umbrellas in case it rains. When I originally worked out a rough budget I forgot the rings. Grrrr, I am normally so organised and have all the tiny details under control.

So, what kind of things have you guys forgotten?

10 replies

Latest activity by *MM3*, 2 of June of 2014 at 22:20
  • AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I haven't forgotten them, but we still don't have a pen or cake knife. I have visions of us turning up on the day with a bunch of pencils from Argos and the bread knife from home!!! Can't seem to find ones I really like!

Umbrellas - I keep umming and ahhing over - do I really need them? Weather in September is usually good, but then....

I might just wait til the week before and then buy them in a panic lol

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I've already bought an umbrella - at the moment I feel super organised, and any time I think of something I add it to a list on my phone. But I'm willing to bet I do forget something, my memory is terrible...

• S
    Beginner November 2014
    Sazzle24 ·
    • Hide content

Cake knife the venue usually provides- check before you buy. As long as it's silver. A pen I find biro is actually better as it won't smudge. I bought a white brolly off ebay it's a shop call jolly brolly and it's £4.50 and perfect- I'll also be borrowing hunter wellies for photo opportunities as we are marrying in November when more likely to rain. I've also remembered to put baskets of essentials like tampons chewing gum and hairbrush in the ladies loos- it's a long day after all. After ordering table numbers I've just found out the venue provide them so I've had to cancel the order- saves me £15 which is a bonus. Don't forget bridesmaid gifts and beat man gifts. Also something old new borrowed and blue! Good luck and happy hunting xxx

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The reception is in our local pub so they won't be providing a cake knife unfortunately. Going to buy a couple of nice biros for the guest book. Nothing too fancy but a nicer than a general bic. Will take a look at Jolly Brolly. thanks for the heads up on that. We're marrying in November too so expecting it to rain (but hoping it won't). I was thinking about baskets for the loos but they are shared between the two bars and don't want non-guests using them too so won't bother.

Something old, new, borrowed and blue is all sorted as are the gifts. xxx

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

Uber tacky, but I got some fluffy emu bride and groom pens from ebay to stand next to the guest book Smiley smile

Everything is sorted now, but i'm glad i've only got a few more weeks as I keep finding myself buying little extras I see in the shops

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

We just used a knife from the kitchen drawer for our cake! It really wont matter on the day whether you have a fancy knife or not.

The same with the pen. I bought a load of cheap biros.

Beginner February 2016
    2016bride88 ·
    • Hide content

I got a nice silver and clear cake knife set from home bargains recently and it was only around £2.99 Smiley smile xx

• A
    Beginner July 2014
    Aykay ·
    • Hide content

Getting married next month. Realised yesterday thatt we haven't written our vows. Oopsy.

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

Been married a week, and currently selling a lot of this stuff on eBay, including my umbrellas, LOL.

I'll chuck one of the links below, in case anyone wants to have a browse through all the wedding items by clicking on my "other items for sale" or whatever it's called??? I'm a frequent buyer off ebay, but I think this is my first time selling !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-6-5red-1white-heart-shaped-umbrella-parasol-Wedding-Bridal-Bridesmaid-/331216726957?pt=UK_Bridal_Accessories&hash=item4d1e0e2bad

• N
    Beginner June 2014
    nemi ·
    • Hide content

Haha! You forgot a lot of the same things as me.

I only sorted out the cake knife a few days ago and I still don't have a pen for the guestbook!

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Glad you said this Ali cause I've not bought these either haha!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics