Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2015

London Dry Hire Venues

simone12, 3 of November of 2013 at 14:11 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi,

Can anyone suggest any London dry hire venues? We are leaning towards a raw warehouse style but at the moment I am unsure of the budget so want to consider all different prices and sizes, styles and locations in London. If anyone could recommend any it would be great.

Thanks in advance!

10 replies

Latest activity by tams82, 6 of November of 2013 at 22:29
  • bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

A few years ago my sister got married at Dulwich College and paid a corkage fee. It was a lovely venue, and good value, and the food there was tasty. But as I say, this was a few years ago, so may not be the same anymore.

I think there is an option on the venue searcher on this site that allows you to search for places offerring corkage options.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

My friend got married at Shoreditch studios.

I was absolutely wowed by the way they decorated it. It's a blank canvas so you could do whatever you wanted with it.

• P
    Beginner April 2014
    pbn ·
    • Hide content

Does it have to be central London? Landmark Arts Centre is lovely Smiley smile

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Here is an article I found that lists 5 London venues that did not charge corkage at the time it was written. Worth investigating! http://www.lovemoney.com/blogs/travel-food-and-lifestyle/weddings/7178/my-frugal-wedding-venue

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Second vote for shoreditch studios

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    simone12 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. It's so hard as most of the venues do not list prices on the websites so you've no idea how much they cost! I've been looking at Trinity Buoy Wharf but can't find many others and have no idea how much it costs! Shoreditch studios looks great too.

• W
    Beginner August 2014
    Whippet ·
    • Hide content

Hi Simone.

My gf and I are also trying to find a warehouse space for a wedding. Its either that or a country barn in the cotswolds, whichever we find first.. The trinity buoy wharf is one we were looking at, its about £3,500 I think. Its quite a big space and would need a lot of decorating and you only get it from 10am that day. Seems to be the case with most of them.

If you have a massive budget try MC Motors, its amazing but £8,000 which is ridiculous.

This place looks nice - http://onefriendlyplace.com/about/

Shoreditch studos looks good, anyone know if it was a bit dark in there without any windows?

Let me know if you find anything exciting.

B

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    simone12 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much B, really useful information. Wow, I actually anticipated Trinity Buoy Wharf would be more expensive than that, although a 10am start time would be slightly prohibitive in terms of decorating it.

I also had the same thought about Shoreditch Studios, looks great but maybe a bit dark for a summer wedding?

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

Have you contacted Disapperaing Dining Club? They do warehouse style weddings in different locations - might be worth a look.

https://www.disappearingdiningclub.co.uk/

Another idea is Dalston Heights which looks amazing, no idea how much it costs though.

• R
    Beginner November 2014
    rach_S_ ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I went to a great wedding reception at 6 St Chads street, near St Pancras Station- had the best time.

The actual ceremony was in a beautiful building, Ill have to try and find out for you....

Rachel

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

Just went to a lovely wedding at loft studios in willesden!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics