Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner April 2013

London hen night - suggestions needed!!

FutureMrsDubya, 6 September, 2012 at 12:59 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi there,

Can anyone offer any suggestions for my hen do in London?

Was originally looking at doing a military / charlies angels activity in the afternoon (people kidknapp the bride-to-be and the others have to get her back - complete with mud, camouflage etc), followed by a medieval banquet at St Katherines Dock. On further investigation, the people running the charlies angels activity seem vague at best, and the reviews for the St Katherines dock banquet are AWFUL! (uncooked food, watered down alcohol, naff acts). So back to square one.

Would like to do an activity that's not too girlie in the afternoon and follow it with a fun/party meal. Probably only 8 of us, would ideally like both to be in London.

All suggestions welcome :-) This is proving harder to organise than the wedding

4 replies

Latest activity by Jessie_bride, 6 September, 2012 at 18:44
  • Trouble_gb
    Beginner September 2013
    Trouble_gb ·
    • Hide content

HI,

I would suggest something like:

Paintballing

Rib trip on the Thames

Treasure Hunt

Quad biking

For dinner there are lots of options in London but it would depend on the budget.

Happy to give you some more ideas if you want to PM me. I work in London so happy to help out if I can

x

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content

We booked a package through UKGirThing where we dressed up & learnt a showgirls routine then has a 3 course meal at The Loop and VIP club entry into Strawberry Moons. It was amazing. Much better than I had expected!

for the night out I dressed as an angel and the other girls were devils

• Mrs*S
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs*S ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know what you mean! The logistics of it are harder to sort than the Big Day!

I had 9 people on my hen do, and we mainly hit Leicester Square for drinks, but for the meal part we went to Roadhouse in Covent Garden, and we were on the guest list so waltzed straight in rather than having to queue, and they do a party menu so it was a fixed cost, which was good for people on a budget. The food was good, and although the cocktails were expensive by most standards (but not by London standards), they were incredible!!

It depends on what kind of music you like as to whether it will be your kind of place, but I enjoyed the rock music they had on, and they had a live band on later in the evening so we just got really drunk and started singing along, it was great.

Whatever you pick, I hope you have a fab time.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

For mine, we all stayed in apartments rather the hotels, so we could akll get ready and hang out together (marlin apartments)

We then did a dance class at Pineapple dance studios and in the evening we went to Sway where we had dinner and a comedy show til late, downstairs then changed into a club so we didnt have to haul arse it around London town all night!!

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Jessie_bride ·
    • Hide content

Hey!

There's loads of options in London so it really depends what sort of thing you like and how much you want to spend.

-Proud Cabaret do a hen package for burlesque, three course meal, show and disco.

-There's something I've heard of called a Thames Party boat, could be worth googling?

-For a cheaper spa option have a look at Spa London, it's council owned but really nice!

-Jamie Oliver's Recipease does cooking lesssons and you can eat the food after!

Let me know if there's a particular activity or budget. I'm from London so happy to help.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics