Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2018

London pub wedding

Sm1989, 6 of August of 2017 at 10:25 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all,

I'm newly engaged and currently searching for a venue for a budget wedding. My other half and I both think going down the pub route would be a good idea as it tends to be a minimum spend rather than a hire cost.

We've been searching for pubs in London that can offer this - preferably south London, has anyone got any good recommendations please? We love the look of The Atenlope in Tooting but are worried it will be a bit too small (big families!)

Thanks in advance,

Sarah

3 replies

Latest activity by Sm1989, 17 of August of 2017 at 10:45
  • A
    Beginner April 2016
    Apey ·
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile

We recently attended a wedding at The Dickens Inn near Tower Bridge. Plenty of space, great food and right next to Tower Bridge for stunning photos. They do try and squeeze every penny they can from you (by charging extra for things like disco lights and the use of the speakers!) but I think most venues will do that sadly...

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    RomanticPurpleDecor759 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah,

Congratulations on your engagement. Although we aren't going with a pub, it was my second choice but there are a few too many of our family/guests that will stay over so made sense to go with a hotel venue. We never got around to looking at pubs in South London although I did see The Alma in Wandsworth that looked nice. We did, however, look at The Londesborough in Stoke Newington that was recommended to us and had a nice outdoors courtyard and they seemed to be very flexible with menu/set up etc. Their sister pub is The Peasant in Clerkenwell which also had a small outdoors space on the first level. The dining space in this pub was lovely and then you'd go downstairs for the dancing/party bit. Again, they were really friendly and accommodating in terms of menu choices and lay out in the dining room. I was ready to go with The Peasant but it made sense we had a venue with rooms. Good luck, hope the info was useful.

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    SomethingBlue11 ·
    • Hide content

The antelope is huge inside! Looks like it used to be a school or something? But what numbers are you talking?

• S
    Beginner April 2018
    Sm1989 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your help ladies! I'll definitely look into these suggestions.

We both have big families so we're looking at 100 during the day and would hope for 150 in the evening. Think we may have to try and cut the guest list.... it's just so tough!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics