Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2015

London Taxis

simone12, 2 of June of 2014 at 21:45 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I am getting married next year and would love a black taxi as a wedding car. Not sure what model yet but was hoping someone could recommend a company in London providing this service. All the ones I have come across seem very expensive so the other option is just flagging a black cab although I'd be worried about getting my dress dirty on the day! Anyone done this?

4 replies

Latest activity by clarehj, 8 of June of 2014 at 10:14
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Have you phoned a can company to see if they can be pre-booked? If you can get a cab that's just starting the shift it should be clean. I'm sure the owner will even put ribbons on if you pay extra!

• D
    Beginner August 2014
    Deb11 ·
    • Hide content

I plan to just flag a black cab on the day, although that obviously depends where you are! I'm staying in a London hotel so should be fairly easy?! My sister did the same for her wedding a few years ago - she randomly decided on the morning she wanted ribbons on it and that did take a bit of begging on my part!

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

You can pre-book black cabs, we are using www.radiotaxis.co.uk but there are several companies that can do this. It is no more expensive and would save you hailing one on the street. We are taking a black cab from hotel - ceremony and then ceremony - venue, but we have booked Addison Lee to ferry our guests as I found it nigh on impossible to book multiple black cabs.

If you book a specific wedding taxi it does tend to be pricey as they charge by the hour.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I had a white taxi - booked through a local Essex company.

Was £250 to take me to the church and then to the venue afterwards, probably about 2hrs in total.

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for a white cab ! When I got married I lived in Wandsworth so was not far from my London venue

I'll try and dig out the guy's details if you want? My uncle is a black cab driver, and found this guy driving around and stopped him!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics