Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mollyjollymolly
Beginner April 2013

Lonely Bride to be- How to get the girls involved?

mollyjollymolly, 29 August, 2012 at 12:27

Posted on Planning 34

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm looking for some shoulders of support! We're getting married in April, (my boyfriend proposed 6 months ago) I have been trying to organise everything and it is a nightmare. Guest lists are so politcal, my mum-in-law to be is stamping all over everything we try to plan...

Hi,

I'm new here, and I'm looking for some shoulders of support!

We're getting married in April, (my boyfriend proposed 6 months ago) I have been trying to organise everything and it is a nightmare. Guest lists are so politcal, my mum-in-law to be is stamping all over everything we try to plan ourselves but what hurts most of all is that I was looking forward to the girly side of getting married.... the planning, the shopping the hen do and just a lot of get togethers, not the type of things I do with my friends normally but I somehow imagined it would be fun, but nobody is interested. My h2b's sister is a bridesmaid (she's 22) and for the first 5 minutes seemed excited but now never mentions it and if I mention it she switches off. I have been suggesting we might want to go have a look at bridesmaids dresses and she's really vague with responses. My Maid of Honour is uninterested too, won't organise a hen do, go look at bridesmaids dresses or come along to florist appts or anything. She even asked me when the wedding was Smiley sad we've had the date set for almost 6 months Smiley sad

After one of my friends had an idea for a hen weekend away I wrote a FB thread to all the girls a week ago and have not even had one reply yet.

I feel like my only friend at the moment is my fiance. And I'm feeling really down. It's not as if any of these friends have fallen out with me, theres been no arguments, I'm not bashing on about weddings the whole time or anything like that.... I don't think it is vindictive on their part but they just don't realise that I need them to, at least pretend, to be interested because I would be there for them in a heartbeat.

What can I do ?

hoping for some advice, love M x

34 replies

• Selenalee69
    Beginner April 2013
    Selenalee69 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah...I would agree on the above point but then you don't want her getting worse if she thinks you're talking about her to your OH. I would probably end up doing what you've said...avoid contact and wait for them to come to you. And if they don't,well then you don't have to have them as bridesmaids ! Whose idea was it anyway? They don't even seem like they want to do it-poor you :-( x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics