Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2022 South Yorkshire

Lonely Feeling!

Abbie, 21 of October of 2020 at 18:37 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi Everyone! I am new to this forum and a bride to be but has anyone ever felt lonely about planning award after the highs of the engagement stop? I feel like some of the people who are closest to me are jealous and not truly happy for me and feel like they should getting married first. I don't know how to approach the situation and feel so alone!

3 replies

Latest activity by Ruth, 22 of October of 2020 at 08:52
  • R
    Dedicated September 2021 Essex
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Abbie, firstly congratulations!
    I'm so sorry that those closest to you have made you feel this way...is there anyone in your friend or family group that are positive influences? I feel that you should limit your contact with those that have been negative about your engagement, as it kind of speaks volumes about who is important in your life.
    However on the flip side, could you has been misinterpreting other people's reactions? Could you speak to them about it all?At the end of it all, you're happy and getting married to an amazing person and that really is all that matters. And worst case scenario is that this event in your life is acting as a filter, to sift through the people in your life that matter and have your back. And don't forget, you have this forum to reach out to if you ever feel truly alone in the process. Good luck!
  • A
    Beginner August 2022 South Yorkshire
    Abbie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Ruth,

Thank you for your reply! Yes they're people who are very positive but the negativity is literally coming from my maid of honour and a bridesmaid so its a bit of a tricky one, do I just put their comments aside and realise that they are just a bit bitter as I wouldn't want to cause any long term arguments and fallouts. As we don't get married until 2022, I hoping they will come around and show some excitement and positivity as more planning starts to take place! xx
  • R
    Dedicated September 2021 Essex
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi!
    That's so sad that they're being this way. It's a tough one because I'm sure you have a history and bond to them, however I know exactly what I would do! How could anyone be considered a maid of honour or bridesmaid if they're not even happy for your happiness?! Their negativity speaks volumes I'm afraid, and this unfortunately has shown you that.

Anyone that truly cares for another person will ALWAYS support them. Can you say that these two have done that? If I were you, and as hard as it seems, I would seriously think about if you want these people in your life at all, let alone as a MoH and bridesmaid! I personally would have a calm chat with them about it to see if you can fix it, but if not it is their problem, not yours and you focus on those people that are genuinely there for you and love you.
    Sorry you're going through this but keep your head up ...you're getting married and that's bloody exciting!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics