Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner September 2012

Long dress + evening ceilidh = dilemma!

Elizabella, 16 July, 2012 at 17:38 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hello! I'm new here, but I have a dilemma that I have been pondering over for awhile.

My FH is 6 foot 3 and I am 5 foot 4, so I've gone a little mad and purchased 5 inch heels for the wedding. I think that will look very nice for the ceremony, but my problem is what to do during the ceilidh part of our evening. I don't think I can dance in such high heels and I'm afraid of trying to wear the dress to dance in lower heels because I think that I will hurt myself or rip the dress! So far the only options I've come up with are to change into another dress for the dance or to carefully cut the dress to about 2 inches above the floor right before the dance.

Cutting the dress sounds kind of crazy, but I'm planning on having it hemmed to just under knee length anyway because I will be having a second reception in my parents' house in Canada and I'd feel a little silly walking around my own house with a train. Haha.

What do you think? Are there other options I didn't think about? Do you think one of those options might work?

Thank you for your help!

2 replies

Latest activity by Randomsabreur, 19 July, 2012 at 23:20
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Put a bustle loop on the bottom of your dress to hitch it up?

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

I ceilidh'd in full length dress having removed my 2 inch heels. Had loop to hook dress over arm, didn't bother to wrestle with bustling it, although I had that option. Only managed a few dances as I was HOT in the dress, plus needed to talk to everyone as well.

Make sure you have a train loop to put over your arm and you'll be fine. I was rubbish at ceilidhing thought (more due to left/right challenge than the dress) and caused chaos in every dance I did. For promenades I just grabbed the skirt as well to keep it out of the way.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics