Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner October 2011

Long Haul Flights - First Choice/Thomson/Virgin/Monarch!?!?!

gettingmarried, 16 February, 2011 at 20:19 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2

Hi All

We are looking at booking our honeymoon over the next couple of months but there seems to be such a range of prices with different airlines.

As I have put on another post we are thinking of booking the Occidental Grand Xcaret in Riviera Maya, Mexico.

Our quote from Virgin was £3780 (for 2 of us) and on the First Choice website for exactly the same dates/resort it is £2900.

We have flown long haul to Vegas with Virgin and could not complain at all. Our friends have told us to avoid Monarch for long haul but we don't really know anything about First Choice/Thomson.

Just looking for a bit of advice really. Many thanks.

2 replies

Latest activity by kelly1988, 3 March, 2011 at 23:18
  • H
    Beginner July 2011
    hjd1 ·
    • Hide content

I think they're pretty much the same as Monarch...what you need to remember is these are charter airlines so will never be as good as Virgin/BA etc etc. You pay less, get slightly less onboard but I would much rather save that 1000 and fly with thomson!! Ive flown with them loads and always been fine.

• S
    Beginner August 2008
    Sarah Jenson ·
    • Hide content

Virgin is a personal favourite, love the service you get on the airline, especially compared to the primarily holiday airlines which are really quite basic and unexciting. That's a huge price difference though, so I would probably just go with the First Choice flights. Use the money to make it a better experience when you get there!

• K
    Beginner September 2012
    kelly1988 ·
    • Hide content

I work for thomson/first choice and the flights are much better long haul - you got more leg room than virgin/BA etc and you do got a lot on board more than you think and i'm not just saying that cos i work for them ?

But it is cheaper with thomson cos it is a charter airline whereas virgin is a scheduled so you do pay more - but for that much in difference I would defo book the cheaper (whichever company it is)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics