Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

teacup
Beginner September 2012

Long lanky hair - go for short bridal hair?

teacup, 29 June, 2012 at 19:40 Posted on Planning 0 9

Anyone else thinking of chopping off their hair for an elegant short bridal bob? I have been growing my hair for over a year and am bored of it, it lengthens my face and is so flat. My hair is better shorter because it has more body. Here are a few styles I like... What do you think?

9 replies

Latest activity by *gnashers*, 29 June, 2012 at 23:36
  • Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

I have cropped hair (much shorter than any of these styles) and I intend to keep it short for the wedding. Does short hair suit you? Do you prefer it to long hair? If you do, then why not?

I think maybe people have an idea of femininity attached to long hair, which I can understand - did you have a particular bridal style planned for your long hair?

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

Hmm, I thought I'd replied to this!

I am doing exactly the same as you and growing my hair but only so the woman doing my hair for the wedding has something to work with, as she saidmy hair was too short to style really... That said, I'll probably get it chopped as soon as possible after the wedding as it feels awful. It really needs to be coloured too but I am holding off so I can have it done fresh for the wedding in mid August. I absolutely HATE it right now. If I were you i would reconsider though as there isn't a lot they can do with short hair and I think long hair is more bridal (if that's the look you're going for) and more hair means you can have some lovely 'up do's'.

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

Replied to the other post. If you've always had short hair then why would you want to not look like you on your wedding day?

• teacup
    Beginner September 2012
    teacup ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your replies! I guess I want something simple and reliable that I can feel confident with. I'm not sure I would feel confident with my hair up because I never put it up normally. My hair is quite fine so I think if it was down it would lose any curls/waves throughout the day and tangle easily.

Here are some pictures of me with different hairstyles, what do you think I should do with my hair?

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

I love the second style!! I think this would look really lovely with a side tiara, just simply blow dried and styled xx

• teacup
    Beginner September 2012
    teacup ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! Yeah that is my favourite too. ? I think with a side tiara it would look quite elegant, but my sister and mum worry I will look too casual. Here is a pic of me with my hair up while I was trying on my dress. What do you think?

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

It does look nice but what style is more you? Also, what is the tone of your wedding? Are you having a very posh do? To be honest you're never going to look casual because you'll be in a wedding dress & with the second hair style you could still have some of your hair pinned back so it's away from your face. I just don't look right with long hair, I'm going to see a hairstylist close to my venue so I can go through the options. I just need the front portion of my hair pinned back because I have a lifetime habit of tucking my hair behind my ears and i don't want to be doing that on the day.

• teacup
    Beginner September 2012
    teacup ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! Yeah I'm more of a short to mid-length hair girl really, and I enjoy styling and putting wax and volume in my hair. I think I might just have it like the second haircut and wear a side tiara. Like you say, I wont look casual because I'll have a wedding dress on. Our wedding dress is a vintage theme, and my dress is a classic fitted one with a vintage style brooch on the front. Thanks for all your help! xxx

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh if you're having a vintage theme then definitely hair down, maybe with a slightly ruffled look! Gorgeous!! ?

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

If you want to wear your hair down, go for it. A hairdresser will know the best way of keeping curls and volume in your hair. It might be worth trying some extensions, not for length, but for volume.

My friend did this and her normally very fine hair looked amazing all day

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics