Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner August 2011

Long lasting tea lights

robertson2b, 16 February, 2011 at 13:40 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi

I'm looking to buy some tea lights that last for a longer amount of time than normal - does this exist? and if so where can you buy them as I have looked on ebay already.

Thank you

10 replies

Latest activity by SusieWong, 16 February, 2011 at 17:49
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Have you thought about battery-operated ones?

I think I've also seen longer-lasting ones at Robert Dyas.

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Amazon have some but i think they are slighter bigger than normal ones

• L
    Beginner June 2011
    laura2107 ·
    • Hide content

Not sure how it would work with tea lights but I was told by mother in law 2 be that if you put candles in the fridge before lighting them they last longer. I have done this with normal long candles and it has made them last longer, I couldnt tell you how much longer tbh but maybe you can try it out at home? Im not sure if thats much help but if not i agree that the battery ones are also good. From a distance look real too ?

HTH x

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

OH spotted some of the battery operated ones in poundland yesterday and bought a pack home for me to 'check' lol.............the look exactly likie real tealights! but witout the fuss and naked flames......they even flicker like a candle would!

4 candles for a pound!!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

brilliant tip, I must go an check them out!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

it was poundland, or the pound shop, one fo those jobbies!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I bought some tea lights from Cargo that lasted for hours as opposed to the supermarket basics tealights. If you have a Habitat near you they had packs of 48 beautiful scented tea lights reduced from $10.00 to $2.40 so I snapped them up, hopefully they will last at least 5 hours before needing to be replaced.

Somebody on here mentioned www.lights4fun.co.uk , I found they had great multibuys and sell all the battery light ranges.

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hijack the thread, but do you think the battery ones would look ok in plain jam jars? I was planning to use ribbon on the jars, but only round the neck - so it wouldn't hide the tealight inside, if you see what I mean?

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I have bought the POUNDLAND ones. We did a test and they lasted for days, , , , , , ,

• MrsSC-to-be
    Beginner October 2011
    MrsSC-to-be ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We're planning to use the larger tea lights - last for ages and can be bought at Sainsbury's, Morrison's etc.

• SusieWong
    Beginner September 2011
    SusieWong ·
    • Hide content

If it helps most standard tea light if they r good quality last for 4 and half hours at the most, some will crack if u put them in the freezer so be careful, if they are going to be in a enclosed holder ie a jar, i would suggest votives instead, they r normally scented but last between 6-8 hours and they have the added bonus tht they come in a variety of colours, they have to be in a jar because as they burn they melt, a jam jar would be a great size but anything bigger would mean the wax pool getting to big, and the candle lasting for less time

for those of you tht are having pillar candles, try and turn them thru the day, so they burn more evenly draughts will cause them to burn oddly, also if u get the chance or prehaps appoint someone to keep an eye on the length of the wicks, if they get too long or u get a blobby bit at the top the flame gets too big causing more smoke and quicker burning time, and more drops,blow the flame out and trim the wick, then relight

hope tht helps someone out there.x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics