Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner July 2003

Long shot - Pretty Woman music (from the film)

Fimble, 6 July, 2009 at 10:21 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 2

? Hi all. Back from holiday and after some help with music for a funeral.

I am trying to get a CD version of a piece of music from Pretty Woman. MIL has the film on DVD - is there a way of copying the music onto CD does anyone know?

If not :
In the film the music is instrumental, MIL thinks it might be 'Five for Louie' (I think as that is the only track listed on soundtracks that she doesn't recognise). MIL thinks it may be on the official soundtrack but with vocals. But needs the non-vocal version, except doesn't know what its called (and if it is the 'Five for louie' song, we stand no chance of getting an instrumental version ludging by my googling this morning). I do have the film soundtrack at home but all the songs on it have vocals.

Can anyone find a link where I can play 'five for louie' (with or without vocals at this stage!) down the phone to MIL so she can say whether it is or isn't what she needs?

Or does anyone happen to know the film and song and can confirm whether it is instrumental in the film?

Sorry this is long and tricky - any help appreciated as its driving us all bonkers.

2 replies

Latest activity by Fimble, 6 July, 2009 at 10:50
  • Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

Have you seen this? Not sure if it's any help or not.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090328013945AAfVwrW

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

This was also posted on Amazon, sounds promising.

The music being played when Vivian walks out of the bathroom and kisses a sleeping Edward is appropriately called "He Sleeps/Love Theme". It's by James Newton Howard, who scored the movie, but unfortunately it was apparently never released.

However, if you go to jamesnewtonhoward.com, look under the "discography" heading and go to the year 1990 and you'll see that it appeared as a bonus track on a bootleg double disc CD score of the movies "French Kiss" and "One Fine Day", two other films Howard wrote the music for. There's also a bootleg double disc CD score of the movies "The Trigger Effect" and "My Best Friend's Wedding" which has a bonus track simply titled "Pretty Woman".

I was able to find the song "He Sleeps/Love Theme" on one of the music download services but it's not exactly as it appears in the movie. On the version I have, a flute plays the repeated melody line instead of a piano and the tune takes on a much more jazzy feel. Personally, I prefer the melancholy piano version in the movie--perhaps it's the song "Pretty Woman" that appears on the bootleg "Trigger Effect/Best Friend's Wedding" cd? I don't know, but it's worth looking for sometimes on eBay or through a web site dedicated to finding hard to find CD movie soundtracks/scores.

Hope this helps. Glad to know I'm not the only out there who was so captivated by the song "He Sleeps" the first time I heard it. Good stuff.

• F
    Beginner July 2003
    Fimble ·
    • Hide content

You are a star!! It is He Sleeps/Love Theme - I've played it down the phone to MIL from youtube - shes really chuffed now.

Thank you very very much ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics