Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2017

looking for a buget venue in derbyshire/nottinghamshire area??

layna91, 30 of May of 2015 at 18:17 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi ladies,

im new to this and hoping some of you may be able to help me Smiley laugh

im recently engaged and am desperately looking for a cheapish venue in derbyshire/nottinghamshire or potentially leicestershire

we have two children already and dont really want to spend much on our wedding as to us were just happy that we are getting married and not too worried about the extravagance of it all

im figuring out how to diy most things to keep costs down but the major issue seems to be the venue! Smiley sad

we will be having a fairly small wedding of about 40 in the day and no more than 80 in the evening.

we dont want to spend more than £3000 at an absolute maximum but ideally £1000- £2000 and i'm more than happy to arrange the catering etc

does anyone have any ideas please or are in a similar position ?

i would really really appreciate any help otherwise i cant see this wedding happening Smiley sad

13 replies

Latest activity by daisymoo86, 4 of June of 2015 at 15:55
  • C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I can recommend Clawson Lodge which is in Carrington in Nottingham. It is a beautiful old building although the function room is a modern extension. They have a well equipped kitchen and you can organise your own caterer (I can also recommend a caterer) or they will organise it for you. The staff are wonderful and really helpful. The building is in small but beautiful gardens so great for photos and there is an area with outdoor tables and chairs just outside the function room. There isn't any parking (other than one car) but there is plenty of on road parking locally. They also have a music system to play your cd's through if you don't want to organise a dj/band. I think the room would be perfect for the size you are looking for. The bar is very reasonably priced.

We had a family event there last year (not a wedding) and I can't recommend them enough.

If you have any questions, I'll answer them if I can.

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Woodborough Hall Nottingham quite expensive normal price but if your flexible of when they do some great Groupon I got married on one and would recommend that

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    layna91 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies ladies...

i looked up clawson lodge but it says entry from 6pm we would need it from about 3.30pm at the latest but thank you!

and ive emailed wood borough hall thanks Smiley laugh

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Give Bowden Lodge Farm a try I am photographing a wedding there next week, Leicestershire weddings are my area and I could recommend some others but the cost would always be date dependent, I know some leicestershire wedding venues that would be within your budget depending on the exact date.

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    layna91 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your help...

we really dont mind what time of year so any suggestions would be great Smiley laugh

• Hide content

Ok - so pick an out of season wedding - on a Friday and you are laughing, I also give discounts for those weddings. (peak wedding season is between May and October) -- with another little "peak"! in December

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

I think the 6pm thing for clawson lodge is their usual opening time - they are a ukranian cultural centre and host weekly groups. This definitely does not apply to functions as I went in at lunchtime (they arranged for someone to be there) to set up and then our function started about 4pm. Don't discount them before contacting them as they were very flexible and helpful. If they had been big enough for our wedding we wouldn't have considered anywhere else.

The other option you have is village hall/social club venue. They are generally affordable and flexible.

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    layna91 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your help everyone will start having a ring around Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Also do you know Deda (the cube) in Derby centre.

Its actually a dance centre and they hold classes but they also hire out for dances and other functions. Might be worth a look.

I think the key is that if you're on a tight budget you need to think outside the box.

Good Luck

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    misslynx ·
    • Hide content

I am originally from Long Eaton so may be ale to help :-)

Depends on what you want - the two venues I loved in your price range are Rufford Park in North Nottingham which we discounted in case of bad

weather in Ocotber, and the Sandpiper Hotel in chesterfield is where we are

going - a privately owned hotel which is know for good parties!

Other venues is recommend looking at is the Priest House hotel,

Castle Donington, and Trent Lock Gold Club, Long Eaton.

All the above offer packages £3k and under I think :-)

if you want to DIY then look for village halls/church halls or pub rooms

to keep budget down.

• Hide content
    View quoted message

I have shot a few weddings there over the years and have wedding gallery's of Castle Donington Park Farmhouse and Donington Manor on my website if you need to see what they look like.

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    layna91 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone... ive had a look around at most of the places you have all suggested but they all seem to be quoting me just over £3000 for 40 day guests and 70 evening

looks like the wedding plans will be put on hold !Smiley sad

it seems to me prices have shot up in the last 3 years as when my friend got married we found lots of places that were way under this if she went out of season etc...

wish id met my partner earlier lol !

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at Nottingham golf club at Cotgrave ☺

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Rufford Abbey in Notts is around your budget Smiley smile Also Alfreton Hall I think too?

We have gone with Ringwood Hall in Chesterfield which has a variety of packages ranging from £3k to £10k depending on your party size etc

If none of these work for you have you considered a village hall or a village sports ground? Like Spondon Cricket Club?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics