Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner July 2013

Looking for a padded bustier!

elt77, 25 February, 2013 at 00:41 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi ladies! New to the hitched forums and wanted to ask your advice regarding finding the perfect underwear for the big day (July 20th). I have a very small chest and wear padded/gel bras every day, so for my wedding day I want to look extra special and have either the same or more padding than usual to give me more curves! I have tons of padded strapless bras but I'm really looking for a strapless padded bustier that will pull my waist in as well as give me the boost I'm looking for. Does anyone have the same problem? Any ideas where I can look? Not having much luck online - lots of busters but very few with lots of padding.

Thanks girls!

8 replies

Latest activity by *Matilda*, 26 February, 2013 at 12:53
  • INeverThought
    INeverThought ·
    • Hide content

Try figleaves.com they may have and you can add to it if need be good luck

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

A friend of mine, who considered herself to have quite a flat chest, had pads sewn into her dress to give her the appearance of having more up top.

Is this an option for you ?

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I've always been told Elle MacPherson Intimates do wonders for smaller chests. I have one of her bras but can't speak for her bustiers, worth a look though. Alternatively, any chance of a custom made one?

• mandspice
    Beginner September 2013
    mandspice ·
    • Hide content

I have the same problem and when I went for my last dress fitting the lady told me I should be wearing a completely different size bra.

I've always worn a 32A/B but apparently I need a 28D. My boobs are definitely not a D cup in the traditional sense but apparently it's relative to the back size. With the right fit I'm told it should give me much more lift and shape, even though my boobs are small.

Not sure about the padding aspect, I'm yet to go shopping, but I was recommended to try Bravissimo.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

What's your dress like? If it's got some serious corsetry, wearing a bustier underneath may be very uncomfortable and not have the desired effect. You can get padding put into the dress itself if needed.

• E
    Beginner July 2013
    elt77 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice ladies. The dress is strapless, very slight sweetheart neckline and lightly ruched bodice, but honestly I can't remember the degree of corsetry in there - I don't remember seeing any but I was so excited I wasn't paying much attention to details! I think you have hit the nail on the head though in that I need to try any options on with the dress....its tricky as I'm trying to buy things I can return if they don't work out, but my first fitting isn't until end of April. I can definitely have some extra padding sewn in, and I considered having a bustier custom made - does anyone know where I could go for that kind of service?

To complicate things I actually live in the US but wasn't having much luck there so thought I would try over here, while I'm visiting!

Beginner August 2013
    *Matilda* ·
    • Hide content

Quite pricey but is quite pretty and has gel pads inside. I've bought bras from here before and they are nice and well made!

https://www.maxcleavage.com/1314/Ultimo-bridal-satin-basque/Ivory/

• E
    Beginner July 2013
    elt77 ·
    • Hide content

Matilda this looks awesome! I've just ordered one and will see what its like, its definitely beautiful so praying it works! Thanks a million everyone, will let you know how I get on.

Beginner August 2013
    *Matilda* ·
    • Hide content

So glad I could help! Let me know what it's like in the flesh! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics