Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner August 2013

Looking for a student or novice videographer

Bee26, 17 of February of 2013 at 20:08 Posted on Planning 0 8

Ive seen posts on here in the past from videographers who are just starting out and need experience offering to film weddings for free or for a small fee, which is what I am looking for. I get married on 9th August in Surrey and would love a videographer although we have no budget for it. If there is anyone who is looking for a wedding to film for free or a minimal cost (happy to pay travel expenses and provide food) then please get in touch.

8 replies

Latest activity by Yousef, 23 of March of 2022 at 10:19
  • mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I am a member of a few wedding groups/student photography groups on facebook, it might be worth posting a message in there as some photographers might do video as well or know someone who does (we all stick together having nerdy equipment chat...). Google "Young/aspiring photographers" under FB groups. Let me know if you can't find it Smiley smile

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Oh one time this guy asked me for employment. He seems experienced but new to England and weddings and was looking for work so might be cheap? Not sure at all though, never met the guy or anything but could be worth a look... http://www.fabiooliveira.eu/#home.html

• skinnyboyweddings
    skinnyboyweddings ·
    • Hide content

Hi Bee26

Perhaps you could contact the University of Surrey in Guildford who have a Film Studies department (01483) 300800 or the Met Film School in Ealing (0208) **** and ask if any of their students would be interested in shooting your wedding for you?

I think we are probably a little out of budget, but I thought I'd mention that we are in the process of building our portfolio as a Wedding Videography company and currently have an offer running for brides getting married before July 2013 and if you should be interested then we'd be happy to extend this offer for you. Feel free to send us a message if you'd like anymore information.

Good luck with your search

Kate

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Marianne ive found thr group, will post and if I have any luck, will also check out the guy you mentioned. Thanks again.

Thanks to you too Kate, will checkout the college. And id be interested to hear more details of your offer, if u like u can email me on **********@*******.***

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

Bump

• Rhys Parker
    Rhys Parker ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you booked and paid for a photographer already?

Personally I think your taking a risk hiring a vog with no experience, especially if you have already booked and paid for a photographer.

If the vog isn't particularly personable or 'aware', then it could mess up the togs pictures.

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

Yes I already have a tog. If I find a vog to do it, guess I could ask them to liaise with each other beforehand

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

Bump, still looking...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics