Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2015

Looking for a venue in Portsmouth/Southsea area

Muffin3012, 12 of August of 2013 at 20:12 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone!

I have just signed on to this site, my first post - hooray! I got engaged in June. I live in Southsea. I am looking to keep the cost down as much as possible (aren't we all?!) and I have looked into

-Queens Hotel

- Southsea Castle

-Square Tower

Has any one married/been a guest at one of these venues or have any other suggestions? Thing I am struggling with is my future uncle in law has a lot of business that he owns/has a hand in, marquee hire, lighting and catering to name a few - so it would be good to utilise him ? but id like to stay in Southsea! HELP!

Any thoughts? ?

Holly x

3 replies

Latest activity by Pompey, 13 of August of 2013 at 11:31
  • Stephen Duncan Photography
    Stephen Duncan Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hi Holly, I haven't photographed at any Southsea venues but I went to a wedding at Southsea Castle as a guest and thought it was pretty cool. It was a fair while back so I'm not really in a position to talk about the quality of service, catering etc as no doubt it's all changed since then, but all in all a nice venue as far as I could see. If you're willing to travel a bit, Langrish House just past Petersfield is apparently pretty reasonable and is in a lovely setting. For something a bit different if you have the marquee option sorted then perhaps approach the Sustainability Centre in East Meon to see if they can accommodate? (Your guests can crash over in yurts or camp out to help ease the strain on their pockets too).

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

Hello fellow Southsea bride!! ?

I'm getting married in....oooh...approximately 3 and a half weeks (!). We're only having a small do- 48 people for the day- so we're going for the registry office in Portsmouth and then to Rosie's Vineyard in Elm Grove for the reception / evening. We chose Rosie's because we love the food and it's really informal and laid back which was just the sort of thing we're after.

Have you tried the Royal Naval Yacht Club? http://www.rnc-rayc.co.uk/weddings.html We enquired there but it was already booked for the day we wanted.

Southsea Castle is amazing but REALLY expensive. Fine if you have a big budget!

You've also got places like HMS Warrior / Victory; you can get married on the actual boat and they do receptions on board or in the visitor centre.

A friend of mine got married in Portsmouth and had the reception at Fort Purbrook. https://peterashleyactivitycentres.co.uk/fort_purbrook_widley_facilities-wedding_venue_portsmouth.asp

If you want to go all out and don't mind going a little further afield, our dream venue (with unlimited budget) would have been the Tithe Barn in Petersfield. Went to a wedding fair there.....BEAUTIFUL! https://www.tithe-barn.co.uk/

Keep looking; there's loads of amazing venues out there! We have the good fortune of living right by the sea too so lots of opportunity for something unique.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I live in Southse, but got married on Hayling Island. Was adamant that I would get married in Southsea, but none of the venues we looked at were 'the one'. Good luck.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics