Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner August 2016

Looking for celebrant

FutureMrsMarshall, 21 of June of 2015 at 23:16 Posted on Planning 0 3

Does anyone have any recommendations for celebrants (or those to avoid!) who would work around Salisbury? I'm looking for someone who is happy and able to perform a quite traditional ceremony, mostly non-religious but including a few Christian elements like hymns.

3 replies

Latest activity by Simply Ceremonies Uk, 25 of June of 2015 at 17:59
  • S
    Simply Ceremonies Uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

i am an Independent celebrant in Kent and can put you in touch with someone in your area.

please feel free to message me direct

******@************.**.**

karina x

• Tigsy87
    Beginner June 2018
    Tigsy87 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to but in on your post but Simply Ceremonies UK you wouldn't by any chance know anyone in the Dumfriesshire area, Scotland. Also a bit of a silly question but does a Celebrant legally marry you, or do you have to do the legal bit the day before/after etc.

Many thanks and sorry again for butting in

xx

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello Mrs Mcquade! In Scotland, if your humanist is registered, they can legally conduct ceremonies on behalf of the registrar general. You have to hand in your notice but they complete the marriage schedule. They talk you through it when you book it (at least ours has!)

I booked mine through Independent Humanist Ceremonies Scotland: http://www.humanist-ceremonies.org/

There's also Humanist Society Scotland, but we found them to be a bit more expensive.

Their websites have quite a lot of info in them.

We just sent them an email and one of their celebrants emailed us back!

• S
    Simply Ceremonies Uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi, no problem butting in Smiley smile

the he law is different in Scotland so celebrants can do the whole thing. I don't know anyone personally in your area, but as a member of the Fellowship of Independent celebrants, all of the celebrants on our page are trained and highly recommended.

http://www.foic.org.uk/home/celebrant-list?pc=Dg1

hope this helps

Karina

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics