Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2014

Looking for tall gold trumpet vases

Sarahguni, 29 of April of 2014 at 20:21 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi All,

I am on the look out for tall (atleast 70cm), slim gold trumpet vases for centrepieces.

I have seen a picture on the net of a vase like this with the 'baby breathe' flower, and it looks stunning (I have a pic, but cant seem to attach it here). However, I have been googling for days and can not find anything similar that is reasonably priced.

I do not mind buying or hiring.

If you guys have any ideas I would be extremely grateful

...otherwise I may have to try spray painting, or just going for a clear glass trumpet vase instead.

Thanks,

Sarah

(London)

3 replies

Latest activity by BlossEm, 4 of November of 2015 at 19:10
  • E
    Beginner July 2016
    ExpensiveGoldStationery136 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah

did you ever find gold centre piece vases? I visited my florist yesterday they have gorgeous silver trumpet vases but I really want gold or at least glass but in a dramatic style! Every where only seems to have plain silver or simple clear! I'm on the search too so if I come across anything il be sure to let you know.

xxx

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

Could you not buy some plain ones and spray paint them? I have spray painted jars and bottles gold and I think they look ok. Here is practice one I done.

And would probably look much nicer if it's on a proper vase and will not look homemade.

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    Sarahguni ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

My wedding was a few weeks ago. I could not find the gold vases anywhere.

In the end I brought 80cm trumpet vases and gold-leafed them myself. They did look stunning in the venue, and I was really pleased with them, so although it was painfully fiddly and time-consuming it is definitely worth a try. They are by no means perfect, there are scratches in places and imperfections where I did not get the gold leaf in the exact perfect position, but I do not think that the guests look that closely, and we had many compliments on them.

Otherwise, as Jessica mentioned, the other option is spray paint, which I think would be a lot quicker and cheaper.

I had 12 tall vases, but 2 smashed on the way home from the wedding. I am going to put the remaining 10 on Ebay when I get a chance.

Sarah

x

• B
    BlossEm ·
    • Hide content

Did you sell the vases?? Could you please send me a pic Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics