Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Savvy April 2024 West London

Losing weight

Joanna, 8 of October of 2023 at 21:04 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 13
Hi all. I want to get a stone off before my wedding in April 24. I don't want to go mad. I have no idea what diet to follow . Ant tips so greatfully received as I want to focus a bit on this and have a plan

13 replies

Latest activity by Joanna, 21 of February of 2024 at 08:34
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Hi Joanna,

No particular diet to follow. Just count calories 1200 to 1500 calories per day and then regular exercise. I use MyFitnessPal app to record my weight and calories, Eat less and move more. The best way!

• Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    I have about 3 stone I would like to release. Lost the weight in 2021 put it back on due to ill health. Now I am back on track and determined to release the weight now I have a wedding to plan. You can just eat in a calorie deficit that's how I lost weight. I did not cut anything out I eat a plant based diet that's about it.

Here are 10 tips I wrote during my first weight loss;Here are 10 tips that have helped me;1. Have old photos around you which show you at your ideal weight look at them daily.2. Get yourself a Fitbit or another watch that keeps track of your weight in an app and a place where you can record all the food you eat daily. Counting my calorie has been key. It may sound tedious but this is a step that had helped me greatly.3. Get into a calorie deficit also. You can eat the food that you want just as a small portion or work it into your calories.4. Work out your weight and how much you want to release. You can use my Fitness Pal which tells you how many calories you should be eating to reach your goal.5. It is 80% of what you eat and 20% exercise. You can train all you like if you eat crap you wont release weight.6. Celebrate small milestones along the journey.7. Watch videos on youtube of those on a weight release journey to stay focused.8. At a time like this eat foods that will build up your immune system you only have one body look after it.9. Keep a record of your journey document your weight release from start to finish. Take photos as well sometimes you see the difference within photos then on the scale.10.Keep on going you have got this take it one day at a time to avoid becoming overwhelmed.

• Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    100% agree with you comsume less calories by being in a deficit ") that's how I released the weight 1st time around.♡
  • J
    Joanna ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much. That's so helpful.
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your welcome Smiley smile
  • S
    Central & Glasgow
    Sunny ·
    • Hide content

Concentrate on maintaining a balanced diet that includes a diverse range of nutrients and engage in regular physical activity. You may also consult a healthcare professional, such as a registered dietitian, to ensure the plan is safe and suitable for you.

• R
    Beginner March 2024 West Midlands
    Ravina ·
    • Hide content
    Walk!!!! Do a fasted walk everyday for 10k steps also eat well. Don’t restrict yourself just eat less sugary and junk food.

If you can’t do it faster no worries just try walking every dayStart with 5k per day for a week, then up it slowly xx
  • J
    Joanna ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you souch. I'll try that
  • C
    Beginner May 2024 Malta
    Chris ·
    • Hide content

A few hacks:

1. Cycle to and from work - you can get a work out in just by using your usual commute time.

2. Get changed into cycle gear at work and cycle to gym so you can go straight in and do a work out - a little psychological hack to avoid going home and not working out!

3. Stop drinking alcohol - needless calories that slows your body down in getting rid of fat.

4. Reduce bad foods and do meal prep for lunches - high in protein and low fat carbs.

5. Do a mix of weights and Cardio at the gym. Cross trainers are good as some people find running hard on back and knees etc.

6. When you go to the gym do 60-70% of you maximum output when you train. this allows you to train more regularly and adds up to a lot more than 100% output every once in a while.

Hope this helps.

Chris

• J
    Joanna ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's great thank you. Time to get my bike out !
  • J
    Joanna ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Laura
  • S
    Curious March 2025 Nottinghamshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, I do intermittent fasting so eat during an 8 hour window (for me that’s 12-8pm) then fast 16 hours. Try to cook from scratch when possible and keep sugar to a minimum and I’ve lost 2 stone in 4 months - did not expect this to work for me but it’s simple and I lose weight most weeks. I started this way before the surprise proposal but nice determined to shift the last 2 stone before my wedding next year. Good luck x
  • J
    Joanna ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much, definatly going to try that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics