Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner November 2014

Loss of appetite. Normal?

Hisgirl, 4 of September of 2014 at 20:02 Posted on Planning 0 8

Got just under 2 months to go and have totally lost my appetite. I'm not even eating half what I used to, even a kids size meal makes me feel stuffed (actually makes me feel like throwing up). Been like this for about 10 days now.

Is this normal as the wedding gets closer?

8 replies

Latest activity by Hisgirl, 5 of September of 2014 at 18:01
  • miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Completely. as is over eating too.

just make sure you ARE eating, even if it is hard. because with the stress in the run up, you NEED the extra energy.

take care lovely Smiley smile xxx

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Knowing me ill be one of those that over eat!

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In honesty, I would have that I would over eat too as I do tend to stress eat (and work is HUGELY stressful at the moment too) but I just don't really want anything. I am making myself eat though (which is a novel concept for me lol).

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, was hoping it was. I am making sure I eat but everything seems to make me feel sick at the moment, even my favourite foods.

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

Quite possible if you are feeling stressed. I've hardly eaten and lost 4lb this week, through stressing about our sick rat, not even about the wedding. It does weird things to us.

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hope your rat's ok, can good luck for tomorrow x

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

I have had this for years when I get stressed had it during uni exams etc went to see the doc as after 3 weeks was a little bit concerning! I was advised to eat little and often of what I wanted - I couldn't eat a meal but would sit and nibble on dips etc. Doc said stressing about it would only make it worse and as long as I am drinking then it's fine.

So that would be my advise nibble on what you want don't force yourself, make yourself smooties as this will give you nutrients and calories if you add milk etc and let it resolve itself if you stress and force yourself you can prolong it.

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Different scenario, but when I was going through my divorce, I lost my appetite. Now, I've always been a bit funny with my food, either comfort eating, or going the other way and "dieting" obsessively. After my dad died, I was a big comfort eater....(big, being the word!), and so I thought that was my reaction to stress, so was quite surprised when I lost my appetite when tossfeatures left me. Initially, I embraced it, loved the weight loss, and it actually boosted my confidence. Eventually, my appetite returned and I was ok.

Then there was a particularly stressful time in the divorce when I just did not want to eat. I tried, and I tried, but I couldn't stomach it. The thought of food made me sick. I went to the doctor who kept an eye on my iron levels etc, but basically it was given to me as perfectly normal and understandable in my situation.

The point I am eventually getting to, is that during that period, my work colleagues took it upon themselves to look after me, and monitor me....when they knew food treats weren't working, they turned to bringing me hot chocolates from the local costa - which I found I COULD manage, whether tricking my body into thinking it was drink not food, or whatever, it worked - it gave me enough energy to get through my day. Plenty of milk, a few marshmallows for the feel good factor, and of course the sugar to keep me going.

And lo and behold, the stage passed, and I've probably only had 3 hot chocolates in the following 4 years, so no harm done - I didn't become addicted!

What I am saying is that your body demands different things at different times, and if you force yourself, you will only make yourself resent it, or feel worse. And if what you DO fancy is, on the face of it, unhealthy, don't stress about it.

By the way, the manager of said local costa that provided me with endless hot chocolates to see me through those times, is now my H2B.....and people wonder why I believe in fate.....haha!

I hope you are back "in sorts" very soon, but in the meantime, worrying will only make it worse.

x

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone for your lovely replies. I seem to be ok with little and often today but the thought of a meal still churns my stomach! Been really busy again today so was a lot of unconscious picking while fixing a million and one issues!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics