Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner September 2012

Lost my wedding mojo!

amanda66, 3 June, 2012 at 09:20 Posted on Planning 0 7

Morning ladies,

Ok, so our wedding planning was put on hold for a few weeks as we were preparing to go on holiday, we've now been and come back and I've really just lost my wedding mojo.

We're getting married on the 15th September and I just cannot get myself motivated.

I want everything to be perfect and us to have a fabulous day but I know if I don't get my a$$ into gear then its not gunna happen. Smiley sad

7 replies

Latest activity by amanda66, 3 June, 2012 at 14:13
  • S
    Beginner September 2012
    Soon2bMrsMay ·
    • Hide content

I cOmpletely understand. I feel like that mainly when I feel overwhelmed by how much is left to do. I write a list and work out whats left to do and tend to feel better

• A
    Beginner September 2012
    amanda66 ·
    • Hide content

I think you're right I just need to get organised and then hopefully I'll feel better..

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I think this happens to every bride in the journey. You have this huge expectation that you need to be having a magical time the whole way though planning when in actual fact, some of it can be quite dull! There are numerous threads on the subject - you will be fine and it will come back. Just remember that a wedding isn't everything.

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This - I think once I had the venue, my dress and the music sorted I realised everything else is not really that important in the grand scheme of my life and it's getting a bit tedious now. I just want it to be sorted rather than actually caring all that much about the details. Make a list of what you need to do and then just crack on, you'll feel better once you start ticking things off the list!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

This is completely normal! I think I wrote a similar post at some point this year, and tbh up until the Wednesday before the wedding I wasn't excited and thought I was a total fruitloop! But 'twas all good in the end

• shell657
    Dedicated September 2012
    shell657 ·
    • Hide content

I can totally understand how you feel, we put so much pressure on ourselves to make everything perfect. Wait until the day comes around, you'll know it was all worth it xx

• A
    Beginner September 2012
    amanda66 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your support everyone.I think one of the reasons I feel a bit bogged down is everythings happening so quickly we only set the date in April

Things that are done and booked:

Church booked - vicar said he would contact us approx. 3 months before the wedding so that should be sometime this month. He didnt give us anything we needed to think about but we've looked at hymns and decided on all things bright and beautiful and give me joy in my heart as two we like if we can have them.

Reception venue with wedding breakfast booked for 60 people

Night time venue with hot buffet booked for 120 people

Wedding dress bought + had a fitting it fits well with only one small alteration on satin panel behind lace up back needed ?

OH, best man and my dads suits with waistcoasts and ties paid for.

our 4 year old daughters dress bought and it fits but we need a hooped underskirt underneath it (my aunty who is a dressmaker is sorting this)

CBM dress is bought she had fitting about 3 months ago in which the dress zip done up halfway and she insisted that she was losing weight and I believed her (!), had another fitting 2 weeks ago and she's put on weight and now the zip doesn't do up at all. It's too late to take the dress back and my dress maker aunt cannot adjust it enough to make it fit. She assured me not to waste money on another dress so I haven't yet but agreed that we will have another fitting in a months time and if its still no good then we need to get her a new dress.

OH and daughters shoes bought (my two pairs) are bought too

my dressmaker aunt is a very crafty person and she has made all my invites for day and night.

Table centre pieces are bought and are all in sections in my mums spare room ready for us to assemble at the venue the night before

Ivory and Pink Silk Roses for mine and CBM's bouquet, daughters flower basket and corsage + button holes + flower arch over cake have been bought.

Wedding car booked

TOG is booked

Hair appointment booked.

DJ is booked

Bespoke wedding cake has been designed and is now ordered.

Other things left to do:

Make inserts for day and evening invites

decide + buy on something to put in favour boxes

make favour boxes up *this can be done much nearer the time*

buy our rings!

Buy matching shrugs for myself and CBM

Decide on somewhere for our mini-moon

Decide on presents for my parents and bridesmaids

this is just off the top of my head i'm 100% positive there are other things still to do (my wedding book is at my parents house!!!) and theres probasbly other things we've done that aren't on my list but this is a general view of where we are at. The main things stressing me out are CBM dress, rings and the vicar contacting us.

Sorry for the rant if you've made it this far then well done!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics