Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Low calorie alchoholic drinks

5 June, 2009 at 07:47 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 17

Hi all,

I would have put this on the WL board but no one replies!

I'm off out for a couple tonight and was wondering if there are any specific drinks which are lower in calories? Also, which ones to specifically avoid?

If only I could afford to drink champagne we'd be sorted ?

Thanks

Jo

17 replies

Latest activity by MissL, 5 June, 2009 at 10:56
  • Sah
    Beginner July 2006
    Sah ·
    • Hide content

It's obviously too late now, but for future, friends of mine doing weight watchers always used to drink gin and slim-line tonic or vodka and diet coke...

HTH

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

Why's it too late? Sah's right, I drink Gin and slimline tonic or vodka and slimline tonic. H drinks Vodka and diet vimto but obv. when you go out diet coke would be easy to get. Avoid alcopops and avoid wine.

Martini is very low if you have it with diet lemonade but again diet lemonade isn't that easy to get when you're out.

• Doughnut
    Beginner June 2008
    Doughnut ·
    • Hide content

Is wine that bad? I always think it's a better choice than the other drinks I like (lager, Bailey's). I guess it's because I only need 2 large glasses and I'm on the floor, whereas I can drink 6 pints of lager and not feel as pissed.

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

well I guess it does depend on how much you drink but one very often leads to 2,3,4 and it's quite high then. You can limit it/make it go further by adding soda but I'm not good at drinking it with other things, I like it as it comes. 2 large glasses would still be quite high compared to a spirit and low cal mixer.

• Doughnut
    Beginner June 2008
    Doughnut ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have got fat before when I drank a lot of wine actually... although I had takeaways a fair bit too, and junk food when I was hungover (Saturdays and Sundays) and I had lager too on a Sat night, so it was part of an unhealthy lifestyle (temporary one!) rather than just the wine. I'm thin now and I drink wine ?

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

https://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/calories/calorie_counter/alcohol.htm

250ml glass of wine (large) would be about 180 cals, as opposed to a gin which would be 55cal. Low in comparison with your Baileys though lol!

• Redhead
    Beginner
    Redhead ·
    • Hide content

I loves the wine, too. And the Magners cider. However, I am a porker who is trying to lose weight so I drink vodka, lime and soda water. S'lovely.

• Doughnut
    Beginner June 2008
    Doughnut ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'd have a double though maybe and could easily drink 5 of those. When I was dieting I wanted maximum pissed-ness for my calories , and that was wine ? I remember looking up Bailey's when I was doing WW (Operation Starvation) and one was 4 points which was the same as 4 slices of bread!

• Knownowt
    Knownowt ·
    • Hide content

250ml wine is three units though while a single gin is one unit, so in terms of the alcohol:calories ratio there's not that much difference.

• Platty
    Beginner November 2007
    Platty ·
    • Hide content

On WW, Pimms & diet lemonade is the lowest I've seen. 4 glasses of that equals about 1 medium (175ml) glass of wine.

• Mrs Winkle
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Winkle ·
    • Hide content

Vodka, lime and soda is 76 calories. Vodka with a diet mixer is about 52 calories. A whole bottle of dry white wine is about 550 calories. A pint of lager is about 200 calories. Not that I know anything about this you understand.

• Platty
    Beginner November 2007
    Platty ·
    • Hide content

If they don't have diet lemonade I have soda instead which is just a nice imho.

• MissL
    MissL ·
    • Hide content

? at Mrs Winkle.

I was shocked when I did WW years ago to discover that a small glass of wine, a shot of clear spirit and a half of 'normal' lager were all 1 point....

I struggle with what to drink as well as I'm trying to lose weight. I get too pissed to quickly on wine, spirits make my IBS worse, and also they're a very short drink. So I end up drinking bottles of lager which I know isn't going to help me lose my gut!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics