Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner August 2014

Low cost reception venues in Manchester/Cheshire?

gc615, 9 of August of 2013 at 16:12 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi, I'm just starting to plan my wedding and at the moment I'm slightly overwhelmed by the cost of it all! We're looking to get married in the Manchester/Cheshire area and would have 60-70 guests. We want an afternoon wedding and just an evening reception, partly to make the day less overwhelming and rushed and also to keep costs down. Does anyone have any suggestions for reception venues?

8 replies

Latest activity by suzysimpson, 12 of August of 2013 at 17:40
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I got married at the Belle Époque restaurant in Knutsford, but that's unlikely to be considered a 'budget' option. The expense was pushed up by having to pay East Cheshire registrar costs, which are among the highest in the country. Might be worth remembering before you consider venues that would fall under this district. I gather West Cheshire is much cheaper.

• L
    Beginner
    loobylou2801 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we have similar numbers to you and we are getting married at Windy Harbour Farm Hotel in Glossop, Derbyshire. Might be a bit far for you but we've found them to be very helpful and accommodating to our requests.

They are charging us £200 for room hire for the wedding service and then we just pay per head for food and alcohol so they are very reasonably priced for small weddings compared to some of the other venues we looked at.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can practically see this place from my house!

When's the wedding date again? I'm happy to fill in for any last minute no-shows Smiley winking

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

We are having our reception at The Windmill Inn, Tabley: https://www.thewindmillattabley.co.uk/

Our wedding breakfast is in the conservatory (45 people) and we have the whole pub all day and night (evening up t0 100 all together) our choices have come in around £3000 (we are getting married at church).

Good luck with your search.

• C
    Civil Ceremonies ·
    • Hide content

Oh, my daughter is getting married at Belle Époque!

The Marriott at Worsley do an evening package that was quite reasonable but without knowing your budget it's difficult to say.

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How "low" do you mean when you say "low cost"? Cheshire unfortunately has a stupid price tag attached to it, so everything tends to be more expensive... If you're willing to go more into Manchester there might be more options! But, it all depends on what you want Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner
    loobylou2801 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's a gorgeous place, lovely views. We're getting married 7th Sept, 4 weeks today!

• G
    Beginner August 2014
    gc615 ·
    • Hide content

The budget is difficult, we don't really have one set. It's a case of we'll spend but we need to but the more it costs, the longer we'll have to wait longer so that we can save for it! We're hoping to spend 3-4k for everything but plan on an afternoon wedding and evening reception, not two logs of food! I found The Court House in Worsley which seemed fairly nice and very reasonable although that's only from a few pictures but they don't let you bring your own alcohol, which we'd rather do for during the food, toast etc and then bar for the rest.

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content

If you want to bring your own alcohol you're probably better looking at village halls, barns etc. None of the hotel or country house wedding venues I looked at would let you bring your own drink. Even the barns we looked at made you use their suppliers for catering, so I think you might have a hard time unless you go down the marquee route.

That said, I was only looking in a small area of Cheshire (Wilmslow area) so maybe other parts of Cheshire have more variety??

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics