Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LotBot
Beginner March 2015

Lucky horse shoe

LotBot, 29 March, 2013 at 16:15 Posted on Planning 0 4

Has anyone carried a real horse shoe with their bouquet for good luck? Did it make your arm ache? I'm hoping to decorate one of my horse's shoes myself and would love to see some pictures of ones people have used (or are planning on using).

Thanks Smiley smile

4 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 29 March, 2013 at 17:26
  • Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

They are usually given to the bride as she leaves the church/ceremony, so if you're worried about the weight, then ask your Mum to hang onto it and present it to you afterwards. It's a nice idea to use a real one from your own horse though. I got given a couple of fake ones and a decorated wooden spoon that can also be traditional.

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

I've never heard of the bride actually carrying a horse shoe, they have always been gifted to the bride and groom as a symbol of good luck, Also I'm not sure if this is the norm or not but any wedding I have been to it is normally the flowergirl or pageboy that gifts it to the newly married couple.

• LotBot
    Beginner March 2015
    LotBot ·
    • Hide content

My mum carried one at her wedding. But her horse had aluminium shoes which weigh hardly anything. My horses all wear heavy duty shoes so weigh a bit more than the aluminium ones so can't ask advice of mum! :p

Our family business (horse riding centre) get lots of hen parties that go riding and lots of the brides often buy a horse shoe to carry with their bouquet so maybe it's something that is starting to become popular?

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Regardless to whether it is the norm or popular I think as its personal to you it would be nice if you carried one as a personal touch anyway, you can hand it to someone else to hold with your bouquet during the ceremony and if it becomes too heavy at any other point then this is what you have bridesmaids for ?

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

The alli one sounds ok but I would not recomend a normal one all day, you are going to feel it.I have had brides who have been given a hand painted one and they make a nice change to the plastic ones that your gran got from the post office.and then gives you (still in the box !) Maybe it will be nice to carry it up the aisle and after make sure that you get some shots with it, and then give it some one to perhaps put at your table or with the cake. Or if your room layout will allow hang it up behind you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics