Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

InkedDoll
VIP January 2015

LVL lashes

InkedDoll, 13 of January of 2015 at 13:41 Posted on Planning 0 14

So just had these done and OMG, they look uh-mazing. Can't really flash yet as my eyes are a bit blinky from being closed for so long, and there is a tint smudge on one side which I can't clean off yet, but my usually short and stubby lashes look like I'm wearing falsies. I'm so impressed - definitely recommended!

14 replies

Latest activity by JCWinterWonderland2016, 17 of January of 2015 at 23:47
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Ooo I can't wait to see some post wedding flashes of these! I too have the short and stubby kind of lashes, so thanks for the heads up. I'll put them on my ever increasing list of wedding "research"

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

Ooh. Did you get these done in Manc ID?

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Blinkin eck (ha!) ID - look at your ticker!! Oh my gosh! GOOD LUCK!!!

Friend of mine has a beauty business (mobile) and does these in Manc Dd - https://www.facebook.com/BelleBeautyManchester?fref=ts

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, the place is called Zensational Beauty and it's on Lever Street in town (Northern Quarter). I'd never been there before but I really liked it. Because I have some social anxieties I feel really nervous about going into new places and being touched by strangers, but I felt really relaxed there. By contrast, I had my nails done at a different salon yesterday and I did not enjoy that at all - felt uncomfortable the whole time!

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

Excuse my ignorance but what are they? What do they do to your lashes? I'm wondering what to do lash wise, so I'm very interested in this!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay, so they treat your own lashes to make them look longer and curlier. I think they actually straighten them - don't ask me how the science works, but my lashes look far more lifted than they ever do when I use eyelash curlers. You just lie there while they apply pads and solutions for about an hour - no pain or anything. Cos they're your own lashes, you can treat them as normal after the first 24hrs - you can use mascara if you want, although I definitely don't need it! They last the life of your lashes, so 4-6wks for most people.

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Oh, I'd never heard of this either...def one to look into! I was gonna have some natural looking falsies added to mine but something like this might be better as it'll last all through the honeymoon too. Cheers!!

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

I'm quite interested in LVL lashes for my honeymoon. I had extensions on for my wedding but had a bad experience with them this time (have had them before) and they came out in clumps with my own lashes. So have had three weeks of hardly any lashes at all which has been odd and they are only just now long enough to put mascara on. So want something that will enhance my own rather than look great for a few weeks but then look worst than before when they come out.

(NB to anyone considering lash extensions go for the ones that you can have infills with and last up to 4 weeks rather than the temporary 2/3 week ones. The 2/3 week ones are heavier lashes which are quicker to apply (and cheaper) as you don't need as many lashes. But this means they are very weighty on your own lashes and most likely will pull your own lashes out. Mine started coming out after 5 days and felt much falser than the lovely ones I have had on before)

I used to have my lashes permed and tinted years ago - LVL is a variation on that using updated techniques for the curling (they use a straightener rather than a curler) As it is packaged up it costs more than a usual perm and tint so if you are on a really tight budget you could try a normal perm and tint. I didn't like the perm which is why I fancy the lvl - found the curly lash a bit too curly - a couple of lashes looked waaaaay too curly - like hairs you would find elsewhere IYKWIM. But the tinting alone makes such a difference.

Glad you like them though ID. Sounds like your wedding beauty regime is in full swing!! Smiley smile

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, I looked into extensions first, but i was concerned about the aftercare. With these you can't get them wet or wear makeup for 24hrs, but I hadn't planned to go out tomorrow anyway. I am vaguely worried about my eyes watering in the mornings, but the worst case scenario is that they'll droop a bit - there's no glue or false lashes to come away. I do have a bit of tint and solution residue on my lids right now, but I can remove that with eye makeup remover tomorrow night.

• Jessie0410
    Beginner July 2015
    Jessie0410 ·
    • Hide content

I had LVL lashes a few weeks ago and I agree the results are amazing, couldn't believe they were my own lashes, definitely recommend!! Three weeks on they're still looking good, it's addictive though I think I'll want it done again when they're back to normal! x

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh thanks for that. I see lots of offers for them pop up on wahanda so might be tempted next time! Always good to have a personal recommendation - glad they did a good job for you!

And cheers SW, we're moving out of the centre in the next few months so might be in need of a mobile lady who can come to me when it's not convenient to come in to town.

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

I had eyelash extensions and considered them for the wedding, but every time I cried my eyes stung really bad! Don't know if it was because of the adhesive in them or something.

Was looking for an alternative since I'll likely be an emotional wreck on the day! Will defo give this a try!

• Pam @ Beauti
    Pam @ Beauti ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Would luv to see a pic Smiley smile

• JCWinterWonderland2016
    Beginner January 2016
    JCWinterWonderland2016 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a big LVL fan had mine done today again ☺️xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles