Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2014

Lympne Castle

markandkatieswedding, 21 October, 2012 at 22:36 Posted on Planning 0 5

Has anyone got married at Lympne Castle? We love the place, but aren't sure if we can get a discount. Has anyone managed to get a good price to have their wedding there? And have you seen inside the cottages as we weren't allowed inside them when we looked around. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 22 October, 2012 at 12:00
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Wow looks like a stunning venue!!

Would you consider a weekday wedding for a discount as I'm sure some venues do that?

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    markandkatieswedding ·
    • Hide content

HI DaffodilWaves,

We are hopefully going to have a weekday wedding and they've told us it will still work out to be between 8 and 9 thousand pounds which is far beyond our budget of £5500. We know they do special offers for winter weddings and will sometimes take the price down to £2500. We're getting married in August 2014 though. We love the place, but won't be able to afford it unless we can get a special deal.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Eeek. I would have thought a day like a Monday wouldn't have been as much.

It's heartbreaking when you find somewhere you love but feel it's out of your grasp. Perhaps telling them your budget, the month you want to get married and asking them if there is anything they can do?

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

I was there a few weeks ago, it's lovely venue and a very busy one.

The trouble is that around that area there isn't really a lot of venues. Not compared to somewhere like Sussex / Surrey so location, combined with the lack of competition keep the prices up.

I heard Port Lympne Zoo uses the house for wedding receptions, possibly licensed to hold ceremonies as well?

• O
    Beginner September 2012
    OrdinaryGirl ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Groupon has a deal at the moment for weddings at Lympne Castle - venue hire and drinks reception and wedding breakfast for 50 guests for £2750. The link is: http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/london/Lympne-Castle/11763695?nlp=&CID=UK_CRM_1_0_0_296&a=9

Hope you manage to get a good deal as it looks stunning.

ETA: Sorry just spotted that the deal expires at the end of December 2013, but I'd say keep a look out on groupon as I'm sure I've since this offer before so it may well pop up again for 2014. Or you could always ask if they'd do the deal in 2014!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Great venue. I did a wedding there on Valentines day this year and the couple got a great discount as it was a Tuesday wedding(despite the fact it was valentines day).....August is obviously a busy time, although the further away from the weekend you get, the better the discount gets.......

This is the groom and best man arriving....

Peter

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics