Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner November 2016

Mac counter makeover for wedding day

Annaangeluk2016, 21 of October of 2016 at 10:24 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi All,

I posted on here a few weeks ago about the disaster's I've been having with MUA's for my wedding! First was my best friend who ruined my hen night and is now uninvited! Second was the mua I hired and had a disastrous trial with! I had decided due to stress and budget (or lack of now!) that I would do my own makeup on the day. I've had numerous trial runs and while I can get my makeup to look okay it doesn't look as good as I'd hoped. Cue major meltdown and tears etc!

H2B didn't realise how upset I was about it and has now offered to pay for a solution! Because of the experience I had with mua I found online I'm considering going to a Mac counter, first for a trial and then on the actual day. This is about £80 in total that we don't really have now so close to the wedding but he's said he'll find it. My hotel that I'm getting ready in for the wedding is literally 5 mins walk to 3 different mac counters!

Has anyone had a mac makeover before? Would this work for the morning of the wedding? If I can get the earliest appointment (9am) then I can be back in the hotel by 10.45 ready for hair etc and wedding at 2.15! I kind of feel more confident with mac as they seem to all be trained to the same standard to produce the same looks so I feel like I know what I'm going to get!

This all depends on being able to get appointments for 3 weeks tomorrow!!Eek!

Anna xx

5 replies

Latest activity by laurafish, 26 of October of 2016 at 09:33
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Hi Anna

I've not had a MAC counter makeover before, but my MUA is a Bobbi Brown Counter MUA who does freelance work.

You could always pop in and see whether any of the girls at the counter do that? Smiley smile

It may be a bit less stressful for you Smiley heart

Sorry about all your issues with MUAs so far Smiley sad

xx

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

I've not had a full MAC one before, but I've had them do bits and bobs for me. They all seem to have a good standard, and are all rather nice.

Only thing I'd say is check that either the counter is near daylight/big windows or they have those daylight lamps/mirrors (bright white). As often in dept stores the light is an odd yellow and will look great in store but when you leave you look orangey!

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

I've had two, both were an hour long. So yeah, it would work well with your timings Smiley smile Also you get the amount it costs back on products, so you can get for example the lipstick or powder they use, and then you'll have it for touchups throughout the day!

• A
    Beginner November 2016
    Annaangeluk2016 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for everyone's replies!

So I went to Harvey Nic's Friday afternoon after work with h2b but unfortunately they were fully booked FOREVER by the looks of it! Thought Debenhams and House of Fraser had a Mac counter but apparently not! Had a mini meltdown and h2b remembered the brand spanking new John Lewis had one! Dragged me down there in record time! Was so funny, before I could even speak to anyone he'd grabbed (Metaphorically not literally!) one of the girls on the mac counter and explained my whole sorry tale of mua's to her! By the end she was practically hugging me and guaranteeing that they would fit me it! Being new, they hadn't got fully booked at this point! However the earliest the diary showed was 12pm which for a 2.15 wedding was no good! The lovely mac girl just said leave it with me, disappeared with the diary and came back with a 10am appointment (Earliest they do!!) Means a bit of re-jigging the timetable but no big issue as hairdresser can start my daughter's hair in the hotel while I'm out and do mine when I get back!

I have my trial on Monday and the girl has said she will try her hardest to ensure it's the same person doing it on the day too!

I'm so relieved now! I don't have a lot of confidence about how I look so getting my makeup wrong was stressing me more than I realised! Now I can just relax and enjoy the next two weeks until the wedding!!

Anna xx

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Yay! Pleased you've got it sorted! Hope the trial goes well.

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Glad to hear you got it sorted Smiley smile I've always found the girls doing the makeovers to be really friendly so I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics