Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner November 2011

MAC Trial

sarahh123, 9 of October of 2011 at 12:02 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi All,

Has anyone had a mac makeup trial? Im planning on doing my own makeup, but want to make sure I use the right colours etc. Ive looked at my local debenhams, but they dont seem to have a mac counter.

Is there anywhere else that normally has a mac counter?

Thanks,

Sarah

x

6 replies

Latest activity by Scrumptious Make Up (HIB), 9 of October of 2011 at 20:56
  • Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

House of Fraser?

• Hunry
    Beginner May 2012
    Hunry ·
    • Hide content

Harvey Nichols?

• Rochelle (Make up HIB)
    Rochelle (Make up HIB) ·
    • Hide content

If you have a Mac stand alone store near you, you're better off going there. They will take you off into a back room and you won't be seen by other customers. They'll probably also have more time for you than if you go to a Mac counter in Debenhams etc.

Whereabouts are you?

• November11bride
    Beginner December 2011
    November11bride ·
    • Hide content

I had a make up trial in a MAC store - not overly impressed to be honest.

Nice make up but for hours after as soon as i touched my face it 'came away' i dont have much faith that it wouldnt come off as soon as i kissed someone/brushed face against someone - a shirt or something - all despite her reassuring me it was stay-on and the best stay-on on market Smiley sad, she used soooooooo many products it was totally overwhelming - plus as a shop they dont come out to you to do your make up on day, although the girls were kind of allowed to do freelance but it was all very very shush shush about it - i wasnt allowed to discuss it at all with her in the shop it all had to be done out of the shop via email. I am a sucker and i bout some of the make up - but my hairdressers daughter does make up and i had a trial with her n she used it so not a total waste of money lol

*disclaimer* this is only my impression of one MAC make up artist in one town

• S
    Beginner November 2011
    sarahh123 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice, Im thinking I might just invest in a good primer, and some decent makeup brushes and hope for the best!

• findthecolour
    Beginner June 2012
    findthecolour ·
    • Hide content

My local Debenhams (Manchester) didn't have one either so I had a look in when I was out for the day further afield (Chester) and they had a huge MAC counter. The assistant there couldn't have been more helpful and I am over the moon with my new make-up. Perhaps you could call a bigger Debs nearby and see if they have a counter?

• Scrumptious Make Up (HIB)
    Scrumptious Make Up (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarahh

Have you thought of maybe having a make up lesson? That way you can learn how to apply make up, the right colours for you, the right application techniques and tools, and what make up is the best for your wedding day!!! I have done lots of make up lessons for bride to be's and have helped them so much!

Just a thought! :-)

Emma x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics