Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

X
Beginner

Macaron Favours

xblotx, 19 of January of 2017 at 18:38 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me.

We are wanting to give macarons as favours at our wedding.

Problem is, when looking, I can only find frozen macarons - I always thought they were just boxed like meringues (Never had one before)

What would people suggest for giving macarons as favours? Are frozen ones defrosted ok to give, or would I need to make them or go to have them made specially?

I'm wanting it to be as cheap as possible which was the reason for looking in supermarkets.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by TashAndOwl, 20 of January of 2017 at 15:40
  • Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

I think they'd make excellent favours. Even the ones on the counter in selfridges are frozen and defrosted so that should be fine xx

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

I love macarons too! What about speaking to your local bakers as they might do them a bit cheaper than if you google wedding favour macarons (I know because we looked at doing them & they worked out mega money!). We're also having afternoon tea which includes macarons so we went for fortune cookie favours instead to link in to a trip we took a few years back to China.

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

Defrosted should be fine, although I second asking a baker what it's cost to do them, as I think they're something that are easy to do in a big batch.

I think they look soooo pretty and adorable when boxed, however, I really don't think they taste very nice! I think I'm deffo in the minority tho, everyone else I know loves them!

• T
    Beginner April 2017
    TashAndOwl ·
    • Hide content

I think they usually only have a short shelf life/use by if they're fresh or once they've been defrosted so it's worth checking that to avoid getting into a big job that can only be done at the last minute (if that's not something you're up for!). I suppose this goes for a lot of edible favours though, so i'm sure people do manage it but I wouldn't be keen. I do love a macaron though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics